chapter ninee

After Kaito left, Kokichi picked out a drink and bought it quickly before he left. He made his way back to Rantaro and Korekiyo, who kept giggling to themselves and talking. Kokichi sat back down, looking between the two as he took a small sip already.

"What's with the giggling fit?" Kokichi asked. Rantaro smiled a bit more. "oh~ nothing. Just that, we told Kaito before he left that you had a major crush on him." Rantaro added, adding another small giggle. Kokichi paused a bit before rolling his eyes. "hah- hah! Very funny guys, but- is that really my only personality trait right now? There's more to me- y'know…" Kokichi mumbled after. Korekiyo shrugged slightly. "To be fair… it's really the only thing you told us. But, I would rather discuss a different topic." Korekiyo explained. Rantaro nodded and quickly started to talk about someone else in the class.

Kokichi nodded along, mostly paying attention- but, he obviously got lost in his own thoughts. He basically saw Rantaro and Korekiyo as a friend, maybe he could talk about his own interest. He started to like the idea of making more friends. Just as Kokichi was thinking, he heard his phone buzz. He quickly looked down to check.

Kaito: "hey!! :) Maki-Roll fell asleep, but I'm still awake! Anyway… have fun with Rantaro and Kiyo! :)) If- you know… you're still up, you can always talk to me to keep you busy!"

Kokichi read the text in his head, smiling a bit. What a cute idiot.

Kokichi: "Get some sleep loser."

Kaito: "I'm not tired yet! You guys kept me awake :(("

Kokichi laughed a little, debating on sending this text.

Kokichi: "aw :( you got urself all awake dummy! U r probably thinking about me haha loser"

To make it worse, it took a few minutes for Kaito to respond.

Kaito: "you're funny."

Kokichi scoffed a bit before beginning to type something. But, he was interrupted by seeing another text by Kaito.

Kaito: "listen. Let's hang out tomorrow. I had a lot of fun today. I also got something to tell you."

Kokichi raised a brow. No smiley faces or any emoticons? Was it someone else typing? Whatever, he was just glad for another offer to hang out.

Kokichi: "sure loser"

Again, Kaito responded a bit later.

Kaito: "awesome! See you tomorrow :))"

Kokichi kept a smile, putting his phone away.

"Ooo~ what's with the big smile?" Rantaro said, pointing to Kokichi. Kokichi laughed. "ohh~ nothing. Just that- I have another one sided date with Kaito- he's got something to tell me too. Probably gonna do something really sweet." Kokichi explained. Korekiyo gave a small laugh. "Really~? Sounds exciting though… Good luck Kokichi. We would like to hear every detail."

Kokichi nodded. "Oh- for sure!" He hummed, thinking about what tomorrow could be like.

They kept talking and Kokichi felt a lot better, so he started to open up more.

((Oooo yay another part done! I know it's kinda slow paced but bleh haha <333