Chapter 1 - Assignment

3rd person:

It was the marine base of G5, where Vice Admiral Smoker was in his office wearing his normal marine uniform. It had been a few weeks after the encounter with the Strawhat crew on Punk Hazard. They had gotten the children back to their families after their famous scientist helped get them back to normal, though they seemed to favour the pirate crew than the Marines.

While Smoker was sitting in his office alone, he was looking through some papers with his casual cigarette in his mouth. Suddenly, Smoker heard a Den Den Mushi snail by his desk start ringing.

*pururururu* *purururu* *pururururu* *clacha*

Smoker answered the Den Den Mushi by picking up the top part of the snail, saying, "Hello, this is Smoker here."

"Vice Admiral Smoker, there will be two new people assigned to your division, as you have been encountering the rookie, Strawhat Luffy more than others and for some reason, cannot catch him. They are auxiliary officers, as they will be helping you and your division. Both should be arriving tomorrow together." The person from the other side said with a serious voice.

"May I know the names of these two people and their appearances?" Questioned the Logia Devil fruit eater with a frown.

The person from the other line agreed. "Toto Claus and (L/n) (Y/n)."

At a familiar name, Smoker started to get cold sweat, though he was wondering who the other person with him was.

"Claus has short white hair with bright blue eyes." The marine who was telling him the information explained. "(Y/n) has (H/l) (H/c) along with (E/c). Do you need their files Vice Admiral Smoker?"

"There is no need." Replied the vice admiral. "I can get it myself if needed."

"Alright. That was all the information I had to tell you. I'll be hanging up now." The other side said just before the Den Den Mushi shut down with its eyes closing.

Smoker set everything down and leaned against his chair while looking up at the ceiling.

Smoker's POV:

You've. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me. Out of everyone in the marine base and out of all the auxiliary officers, they just had to pick him.

I was staring at the ceiling as Tashigi walked through the door and asked if there was anything for her to do. She was busy with the children before, but now with them all gone, she had no clue to what needed to be done.

I sat up to look at her properly and she noticed that I was not thrilled about something, as my movements were a bit slow and stressed.

"Smoker-san." She called out with a frown. "Is everything alright?"

I sighed. "I just got a message from HQ."

"Oh?" She asked surprised. "What was it about? Perhaps something about the encounter with the Strawhat crew on Punk Hazard and the missing children?"

I shook my head. "They have assigned two auxiliary officers to this division and base. They will be arriving tomorrow. "

"Auxiliary officers? Why do we need them? We have been doing fine."

"Others don't think so." I stated, thinking back to all the encounters he had with a certain rookie pirate. We had met many times, yet for some reason, we could never catch the damn pirate. "We have been encountering Mugiwara too many times and haven't been able to catch him. Thus, they sent auxiliary officers over here."