09 - subtly swaying

her bag somehow felt heavier on her shoulder than it was this morning. inside it were two items from Red Flower to kill Ran.

"give us the information. kill Ran, and you're free—completely. like you've always wanted, Tanaka Hikari."

the upside of killing Ran was exactly that. freedom. they obviously wanted to make a name for Red Flower by claiming a member assassinated a top executive—Haitani Ran no less.

however the flipside to it was her protection wasn't guaranteed. Bonten would chop her head off, and Rindou Haitani would probably do worse. and so she's decided to just fuck both Red Flower and Ran.

I'm leaving all your pathetic asses behind, she thought as she looks at her reflection through the elevator mirror.

option A was staying with Ran and doing the impossible of getting him to trust her enough so she could kill him when he least expects. option B would be killing him tonight like Red Flower instructed—a crime unplanned that'd most likely harm her in the end.

she chooses option C.

if what Ran said this morning was true, it would be the driver fetching her right now. she leaves the building with her act on already as she feigns a nervous face, a small pout playing at her lips. her footsteps take her to the black, luxurious car parked before the building, its windows darkly tinted so she couldn't really see through.

"uh, excuse me," she says, knowing she is unheard through glass.

her knuckles gently tap the window to the driver's seat, and not a second later, it rolls down to reveal a man in a suit. he had a stoic look in his face, eyeing her questioningly.

"uh- good afternoon! uhm, I- sh-should I get in?" she stutters, internally cringing from her own voice.

"yes, ma'am. I am Haitani-sama's driver. he asked me to fetch you."

"are you really his driver though? because this isn't the car Ran uses..."

he looked at her like she was dumb causing the girl to give him an annoyed smile. of course she knew Ran could probably own five cars for each color if he wanted to; the driver's the stupid one for believing she's actually this much of an idiot.

"uh," he clears his throat. "I believe what you've seen is one of his personal cars. he doesn't let me use them."

"oh, I see!" she beams at him. "I'm Tanaka Hikari, by the way!"

as she extends her left hand for him to shake, fear passed his eyes like there was sudden danger she was unaware of. she could've just imagined it though as he hesitantly looks down at her hand.

"I can't reveal my name, but it's my pleasure to be of your service," he mutters, stoic as he shakes her hand.

"idiot," she cracks a grin at him.

her eyes were wicked. the driver didn't know what was more lethal: the gun pressed to his side or the blade held against his neck. he looks at her with wide eyes—one wrong move and he'll pass on. not a hint of the clueless, docile girl could be found from her pleased grin as she looked down on him like he was prey.

"you..."

he was at a loss for words. his hand that held hers was surprisingly twisted but not injured yet. such thin wrists and small hands were able to render his left hand completely useless as Hikari bended his arm over the window.

it'll break, it'll fucking break, he repeats in his head.

now he realizes Hikari purposely extended her left hand when she was obviously right-handed. it was so that it would be impossible for him to counterattack, in fact, if he used his right hand to reach for her or for his gun, the blade would easily pierce his flesh and tear his vein.