13 - hate?

"what are you doing, Hikari?"

she turns around immediately, finding purple eyes that didn't belong to Ran. the small vial was held behind her back as she freezes in her spot, Rindou looking at her skeptically.

"Rindou, why are you up?"

"I saw what you were doing."

she wanted to ascend or disappear right on the spot. his eyes were deadly, and as he took a step closer to her, her hands trembled more behind her.

"give it to me."

he reaches for her and she dodges, gulping nervously as he scowls. before she knew it, she had ran across the kitchen island as funny as it seemed, Rindou frowning at her.

"don't!" she yells as he motions to step towards her.

of course neither of them expected him to follow. the boy quickly makes his way to her, and no matter how much Hikari retreated, he was more agile. he grabbed her hair, pulling her down and making her wince as he snatches the vial she had tightly clasped in her hand.

"what is thi—"

a smack lands on his face, cutting him off. he looks at Hikari with fire in his eyes, having felt that her hit really did hurt.

"give it back!"

the woman lunges for the vial in his hand and successfully got it, however Rindou yanked her hair more painfully this time as he tried to open her hand.

"fucker," she hisses, also pulling at his hair.

one minute they were like chickens in a chase, and the next they were high-school girls yanking each other's hair.

"I'll fucking kill you, you bitch!"

"hah! not if I kill you first!"

their groans and profanities filled the kitchen, the vial having dropped to the floor already as they tried to tackle the other to the ground. Hikari's hair felt like it was starting to tear off her scalp while Rin had involuntarily bended down after the girl had kicked him between his legs.

Ran woke up in his already dark room after having heard noise from the kitchen. he heard shattering of glass, his brother's cursing, and Hikari's yelling. his supposedly serene penthouse was chaotic, and despite having just come from sleep, he felt like he had a migraine.

with a sigh, he gets up from bed, hastily putting on a shirt and sweats before marching down the hall towards the kitchen. maids were gathered around the island so he couldn't see directly—he's not even sure he wanted to be there. Ran simply wanted to rest.

"you're worse than your insane brother!"

"you think you're any better?! you're a fucking cavewoman!"

Ran yawns, walking past his servants as he observes the scene in front of him. tackled on the ground was Rindou, and on top of his brother was Hikari. shattered glass was all over the place, and he sees the dishes of pasta fortunately untouched on the counter.

"that's enough," Ran calls for their attention.

both were one and the same—stubborn, hot-headed beasts who kept on hitting each other. Ran had been watching them passively with sleepy eyes, but as Rin had punched Hikari square on the jaw, he suddenly felt alarmed.

"Hikari!" he hastily makes his way to the two.

"Ran!" the blonde maid yelled in concern—clearly out of place and like a sore thumb to the picture.

his feet bled from the glass, but he barely noticed it. Rindou tackled Hikari to the floor this time, a glass shard in his hand as he was about to stab Hikari with it.