PART - FIVE

Nandini and Siddharth were waiting at MM's office while MM was yet to arrive. They had been summoned to his office to meet their film's producer in person. 

"Are you excited?" asked Siddharth. "About what?" questioned nandini. "About this film? It is our first step in this wonderland of films. If we can do this right it will open several doors of opportunity for us in this industry. Someday we will be the reigning stars and millions of fans will be chanting our names day and night," narrated siddharth animatedly.

Nandini laughed seeing his overenthusiastic gestures. "I don't know. I have a feel that this is going to be my first and last film, if I can ever complete the shooting. MM sir always finds fault in everything I do."

MM entered his office, accompanied by a short plump man. "nandini, siddharth, meet Mr. Ritik Singh, our beloved producer," said MM. 

"Pleased to meet you sir," said Siddharth while shaking his hand with ritik. nandini, as usual a bit hesitant, stood behind siddharth and flashed a smile. 

"Hmmm, MM, so these are the two novice on whom you will be putting all my money on stake?" joked ritik. 

"Don't worry ritik, you will earn ten times more than you will be spending. I will put them through the most difficult of tasks so that the outcome is a super-duper-bumper hit of this year," said MM and winked at siddharth.

Ritik took the lead actors and the production unit for a lunch treat at a five-star hotel in Mumbai. nandini was a bit skeptical about the idea as it reminded her the incident with arjun, but MM dismissed all her excuses. At the dining hall they were all sitting around a big round table and chatting on little things about the movie shoot. The waiters started placing the different courses of meal one by one. 

Nandini kept staring at the variety of cutlery placed on the sides of the plate. She had never used so many tools to eat her food. "Khana to haath se khane me hi maaza hai. These tools look more like weapons for fighting," murmured nandini under her breath. But both the men sitting on either side could hear her chants. siddharth looked at her sympathetically but did not want to make it more visible by advising her in front of others. So he kept his head low and started cutting through the starter. 

MM smirked faintly and whispered, "Just keep on following me. Pick up whatever I am picking and use it the way I show you." Nandini was very surprised to see him as her savior; she had thought he would be the first one to point out her unpolishedness. Nevertheless, she started following him and within no time she started enjoying the food more than putting all her concentration on the cutleries.

The shooting was to be started in Kashid, a beautiful and desolate beach, not far away from Mumbai. nandini started feeling guilty about keeping soha in dark about all her achievements. So, the evening before she was supposed to leave for the outdoor shoot, she decided to spill the beans. 

"What? I don't believe you. Tu jhoot bol rahi hai," was soha's response, as usual. 

"No soha. I am not faking. I have been cast in MM's new movie opposite another newcomer like me. And tomorrow our shooting will start in Kashid. I am sorry I kept this news from you so long, please forgive me," pleaded nandini. 

"But how? I have been toiling in this industry for so many years. I am still slogging to get a decent break. And you, how could you get it so easily? That too in MM's movie, one that is aspired by the top level stars! No, this cannot happen to me, no it's all a lie!" cried out soha.

"Please soha, don't be upset. You will definitely get a big opportunity someday.." 

"I do not want your advice, you traitor. I gave you refuge, food, clothing. I provided you a job in the dance troupe and this is how you pay me? Just get out of my house right now. Go and get your accommodation on your own. Get out right now!!" shouted soha and stormed out of the room.

*

Nandini was waiting at the studio gate with her suitcase. Her accommodation for the next 45 days was assured, at the hotel in Kashid. But what after that? And what about tonight? She was engrossed in her sad thought when she felt a tap at her shoulder. 

"You were supposed to assemble here tomorrow morning at 10. Not tonight at 10," spoke MM.

"MM sir?" "What are you doing here at this hour?" enquired MM. 

"My friend asked me to leave her house. I did not know where to go, so thought I would wait here till tomorrow morning when we will start for Kashid," replied Nandini hesitatingly. 

"God has spent all his effort in making your face, but did not bother to put any gray matter in your head. Couldn't you give me or Navya a call before coming here at this hour of the night? It's good that I was late with my work and saw you while leaving. Come on, I will drop you at navya's place." nandini silently followed him to his car.

*

The film shooting went very smoothly. Every day was a new learning experience for both nandini and siddharth. The number of retakes for each scene got less with passing days. Out of the entire time one song shoot remained most memorable for nandini. It was for the song Tu jo mila' in the movie. It was sung by the melody diva of the industry, Alia. No wonder she was praised as the Asha Bhosle of the recent times. nandini was mesmerized listening to the song repeatedly. 

On the morning of shooting, the choreographer got sick. She could not make it to the shooting location. But the production could not hold back for another day's delay. "Ok, I will manage," replied MM when ritik called him to enquire the status.

It was raining at Kashid. The dark clouds gave a silver shine to the horizon far in the sea. The song was to be shot as a dream sequence where nandini imagines siddharth and sings around him. 

"Hmm, why would we need a choreographer when we have such an accomplished dancer with us," exclaimed MM. nandini's eyes widened at his indication. 

"Nandini, let's choreograph this song. siddharth would you accompany her in this choreography?" asked MM. 

"No sir, I am not a good dancer. I will not be of much help while planning the steps. It would be easy for me to learn the prepared steps," said siddharth sheepishly. 

MM shook his head in resignation and pulled Nandini, completely unaware, towards himself and said, "Let's start then."

Nandini had not danced for quite a long time. Her only memories were that with arjun. But this dance wiped out all those pain-ridden memories from her mind as MM swayed her on the wet sands of the beach, with little waves crashing at their feet. The sprays of water droplets glistened on their faces and the wind played wildly with their hair and clothes. 

Navya recorded the whole choreography in the camera and after it was over she jumped up and said, "MM sir, please do a cameo in this movie, just for this song. We can make a little adjustment to this story. No one can look better than you in this sequence," and looked at siddharth apologetically. 

"Shut up Navya, do not underestimate my hero. He will look and dance much better than me, and I will make sure he makes nandini feel a lot more romantic with his moves," said MM while shaking off the water drops from his hair.

On the last day of shoot MM left earlier than the rest of the unit. As he drove into the driveway of his house he noticed the numerous cars crowding the parking and porch area. He quickly parked his car and rushed inside the main door. Faint sounds of laughter and voices came from the hallway, but the sound that captured his attention and brought smile on his face was the notes of piano and a sweet melody.

Tu jo mila chand khila..aaj naya rang chhane lagaa..

"Arrey, here comes the man of the evening. Kahan the bhai itni der?" asked Ritik. MM ignored him and went straight towards the piano. 

"Happy 5th anniversary, dear wife," said MM and kissed Alia on her forehead. The people assembled for the occasion all cheered and congratulated the happy couple.

**************************

how was the twist let's read the further story for more interesting update

hope you all like the update

give your support to this story