Goldric: Enemies?

No ones POV:
The golden guard hated the male blight twin. Whenever he went on missions- the blight was somehow there to ruin it for him. The golden guard was sent to retrieve the sliver scales of a mountain dragon, but ended up in the infirmary and with a new cape because a certain green haired boy rauled up the dragon before he even got the chance to enter the cave. The emperor was starting to get annoyed with his recent failures.

"Hunter." The emperor growled out at the poor 16-year-old boy.

"Yes, uncle?" The golden guard hesitantly asked.

"You have no right calling me uncle. You have disappointed me enough. Have I took you in just for you to fail me?! To give me a bad reputation?" The emperor yelled at him.

"Uncle, you don't understan-!" Hunter wasn't able to finish his sentence before a sharp pain shot through his arm. The emperor had striked him with one of his sharp green mutations. It made Hunter bleed but it wasn't enough for stitches.

"I think I understand well, nephew. I'll tell you what, if you fail this next mission. I will replace you ,without a  thought, and you will serve great as a statue for my collection." The emperor pondered. The golden guard was shocked by how serious the punishment was. He gripped his arm and started.

"I won't fail you, uncle. I promise you.." Hunter quietly stated.

"Good, because it would be a hassle to replace you." The emperor dismissed him, telling him a guard will give him his mission soon.

The teen sat on his bed, wrapping his arm and ranting to his palismen.

"He doesn't understand! If he did he would know that its not my fault I'm failing! Its that stupid blight!" Hunter angerly explained to the cardinal. The bird chirped.

"No, the twin." Hunter corrected staring at his friend. The bird chirped again.

"No, the guy." Hunter corrected again before hearing a knock at his door. The boy quickly got up and gently grabbed the bird, opened his closet and set him in a comfy handmade nest in the top corner. He grabbed his mask and walked to the door.

"Yes?" Hunter answered, standing up straight. The guard handed him a letter and walked off.

"Huh, how nice" He sarcasticly commented, closing the door. He opened the letter, it was his mission. It stated that he had to get a flower?

"A flower? Why would the emperor need a flower?" Hunter asked himself. His closet opened and his bird friend flew out and onto his arm. It pecked a certain spot on the paper before looking at the blonde.

" 'A flower, that when mixed into moon light water, will grant healing properties that a witch in the healing coven wish they could hold.' " Hunter read aloud. The bird chirped and flew to grab his cape. Hunter laughed and took the cape throwing it over him.

"This time, we don't let anything stop us." Hunter stated a fact and the bird chipped in concern but hid in his hood anyways.

~°timeskip°~

Hunter ran through the forest, following the map that was given to him. It was raining. Lil'rascal was hidden in the golden guard's hood, trying not to get wet. Hunter was determined, he was going to get that flower no matter what. A glow in a hidden cave up ahead told him he had made it.

"I hope we can find out way back.." The golden guard says to his palismen who chirps in response. He approached the flower. It glowed a beautiful royal blue and forest green. He bent down and grabbed a bottle in the satchel he had. He was going to put the flower in there to insure it wouldn't be ruined. When you reached out and carefully grabbed the stem, it disappeared. Hunter shot up and looked around.

"Well, we meet again golden boy." A familiar voice called ahead. Hunter growled and pulled out his staff, he wasn't gonna let the green haired trickster to get him killed.

"Where. Is. The. Flower." Hunter pointed his staff at the boy.

"Calm down. Its no where- at least no where that you can find~" Edric laughed out, walking up to the shorter teen.

"How do you keep finding me?! How do you keep finding put what my missions are?!" Hunter yelled at Edric. As if on cue Edric's palismen appeared behind him.

"I have my ways." Edric smirked as he pet his palismen's head. It was going to be no use fighting Edric because even if he won, he wouldn't find the flower. Hunter thought about his fate, he was going to die.

"Please..." Was all that Hunter could get out. It made Edric look at him in confusion. Lil'rascal jumped out of the golden guard's hood and chirped rapidly, knowing something was wrong.

"Do you not understand what your putting me through by making me fail my missions...?" Hunter slowly looked up at Edric, who slowly shook his head.

"I'm doing this for my sister, and her friends." The tall male stated.

"Well... IT'S GONNA GET ME KILLED!" Hunter yelled at him. Edric's eyes widened.

"You think I want to do these things?! I do this because I HAVE to! I do this so I can be accepted and loved by the emperor, so I can have someone I can call family! But, all these years I haven't gotten to that point yet. I haven't shown myself enough to be worthy of his appreciation.." Hunter cried out. He fell to his knees and weeped. Edric was shocked, but Hunter continued.

"If I fail this stupid mission." Hunter started, glaring up with eyes then could cut diamonds. " I will be in Eda's place: turned to stone, but tho only difference is that I dont have anyone that cares about me to save me.." Hunter felt weak. He was looking back on his life and was realizing that he never had anyone, anyone that cared or loved him or saw him worthy enough for them.

"That- thats not true..." Edric tired to comfort him.

"Luz cares about you!" Edric calls walking up to the boy on the ground, patting his back.

"THE WHY IS SHE LETTING YOU DO THIS TO ME" Hunter yelled out, pushing Edric away.

"Because she doesn't know! Amity is doing this to keep Luz safe!" Edric explained. Hunter stayed quite but felt something lay against his hand. Already in a bottle, The flower sat. Hunter gently took it in his hands and looked up at Edric.

"Look... I don't support what your doing but.. You don't deserve what your going through and... I'm sorry." Edric slowly said, looking away. Hunter still in shock but was filled with gratefulness jumped towards Edric. He wrapped him in a quick hug that made Edric gasp, but before he could hug back Hunter was already at the cave entrance.

"Thank you... But I still hate you.." Hunter laughed.

"I'm sure you do, golden boy.." Edric smiled at him and watched as he ran back into the dense forest.

Another story! I hope you all enjoyed this- I'm thinking of making a part 2 so let me know if you want that. Have a good day or night!
-raccoon🍄