Hot pain...

'So this is how I die…'

Is all the buck thought head limo as he started down eyes wide, he felt tears prick his big scared eyes fighting them back, the large claws and arms of the beast holding him close, even his nose could smell his blood, 'is this the killer? Or did my blood trigger something…'

He pondered. He winced as blood seeped down his arm and hurt his leg. It was warm…
But not comforting warmth, a sickening, painful warmth.
It was As if someone placed hot metal against his ankle.

He panted shakily, it was already bruised before, now the extra forced onto it only caused more agony, the disgusting thick liquid seeping down to pool in and around his shoe made him feel sick.

He laid there, back against this broad chest, feeling his heartbeat in his eardrums along with the much larger mammals…

It's so dark… too dark to see…

He can't see anything… The fog blocking light from the moon and the light posts nearby.

A herbivore's worst nightmare…

He felt a scared shudder passed through him as he felt those large claws explore his arm, it was just like before…
Was he being expected for his meat or something?...
He hopes that's all this monster's doing…

It all happened so quickly…
He remembers getting a call from his father about some upsetting news he doesn't wish to think about.
Coming outside to calm himself down, he was planning to see Haru in the little shed she hides and sleeps in occasionally.
He remembered while walking to the doors outside tripping over something walking down the stairs in his down to leave his down as if someone tripped him.
The pain as he landed wrong on his foot about there or four claims down.

He remembers a weird muffled sound from behind, looking back and seeing some other RedDeer student starting down and snickering before continuing on his merry way…

When he did make it outside he was limping since the fall sprained his ankle.

since he had to get past the fountain anyway to the right building he was rinsing off the blood from one of his antlers rips breaking off from the fall. He had managed to mostly stop the bleeding from it and off the bone, and was working on getting it out of his fur when he stilled hearing something, he slowly lifted his head pushing himself off the ledge he was sitting on, seeing eyes from the water on the other side of the fountain. A large form coming closer, hunched, he felt his anxiety rise as he heard footsteps slowly creeping closer, his ears lifted as a growl escaped the form, his eyes widen even more as he trembled, the sound racking his whole body as he slowly took a step back wincing feeling the hurt possibly bruising foot collide with the concrete floor.

Trying to remind himself to not run. Don't run...

But his instincts took over as he dashed in a failed attempt to get away, run. Run. Feeling the mist from the fog dampen his already sweat and blood covered fur As he heard a louder, sickening snarl, and hands catch his small form. He cried out in agony as the hurt leg was slammed onto the ground a sickening ripping sound heard from it as his vision in the almost pitch-black sky flickered as multiple dots flood his vision, he felt faint. How do you breathe again?

How do you inhale?

Why can't he inhale?

His visions blurring, as if in a fast-moving car, as his fingers gripped the long yet groomed feeling fur as he tried to get himself to breathe.