Chapter 16

*at hospital*

*Taylors POV*

"Mom , really it's fine" I heard Kenzi say into the phone as I walked into the room. I saw her cheeks were stained with red marks as of she had been crying. Then I looked at her eyes. They were red a puffy. She was defiantly crying. I couldn't tell if it was from the pain, or if something happened.
" No it's whatever. Just come home when you can......" Now she seemed pissed.
"6 months my ass. Let's see, at first oh was 6 weeks and that was 9 months. And now you're saying another six months. You're not like Lexi's mom and in the military so you don't have a fucking excuse for being gone for two years"
That's was it. It was her mom. I felt bad for her. I decided to step in the room. "Babe? " she looked up from her lap.
"Shut up you stupid bitch! I have to go don't bother calling because you don't care."
"Sorry Tay , it was my mom. Her trip was 'extended' again" she began to break down again.
*Kenzis POV*
I fucking hate my mom. Why is she doing this to me? I mean she had me when she was 16. She got pregnant 4 months before her 16th birthday, so she should know how hard this is. I'm so over it.
Owe fuck! I also hate these contractions. Why me why do bad things only happen to me? Awe damnit now the tears.. I fucking hate these hormones...
"Kenz are you okay?" I hear Taylor say snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, just fine... It's all these hormones....." I reply
"You wanna talk about it? Her trip? Anything?" Taylor asks
"... No" I say a bit to defensively
"Okay, I just want to help you get your mind off the baby and all" Taylor said scooting closet to me.
* Taylor's POV *
We sat in silence for about 10 minutes when I felt drops of water on my arm. I looked down to see Kenzi snuggled into my chest asleep, but crying.
"Babe are you okay?" I asked
She immediately opened her eyes. I wiped the tears away.
"No..." She trailed off for a bit. "I just want to have this baby already. I want to hold him and love him and us to be a family. Things will get better when we are a family."
"Shhh babe. It will be perfect. We can get a house far away from home and away from your mom and be closer to the guys. Everything will be okay."
I looked at the clock. It was 11:12pm. Kenzi had been asleep for about two hours. I must've dozed off myself considering I thought only five minutes passed. I decided that o should go and see who was still there and give them an update.
---waiting room---
I got out and was surprised to see everyone there. We didn't want our location to get out to our fan base so the waiting room was just family and friends. There was another one down the hall that other families could wait at. Nash was the first one to speak up.
"There were four girls in the other waiting room but we got them to leave.... We all tweeted pictures of last night at the hotel pretending like it was tonight. We know how stressed Kenzi is and we thought that it was what was best..." He began to trail off.
"Thanks bro. It means a lot to the both of us."
He sat back down. I saw Aaron sleeping across two chairs. I took a selfie with everyone so I could post it later saying 'love my squad'
I was talking to Shawn and Cam when a nurse came in.
"Mr. Caniff?" I looked up from shawms phone.
"She is 10cm so whenever you're ready she can push. You have maybe.." She looked at her pager. "... Maybe 45-50 minutes before she HAS to push"
I got up and looked around the room.
The clock read 11:47pm. All the boys and Lexi wished me luck.
I went into the room and saw it was all set up.
"Taylor?" I heard Kenzi call
"Yes babe"
*Kenzi's POV*
I felt Taylor grab my hand and then kissed it. He than kissed my lips and whispered "last kiss before you're a mother" in my ear. I grabbed his head and pulled him in for one more kiss. "Last kiss before you're a father."
He just looked at me a little Teary eyed. "You ready?" He asked. "always" I said. And just like clockwork the doctor looked at us and asked "ms. CaniFf.. Are you ready?" I nodded my head yes. Then looked at Taylor for a sign he was ready. I saw a tear escape his eye and he didn't bother to wipe it.
I looked back at the doctor and said "we're ready"
"Okay Kenzi, I want you to push"
--------SKIP BIRTH--------
*taylors POV*
"Congratulations! It's a boy!"
Just then I heard the cries of my son. Of our son.
I looked at Kenzi and she was crying too.
"So have the two of you thought of a name?" Mother doctor asked.
Kenzi looked at me and I nodded in approval.
"Yes she finally spoke up"
She whispered it into the doctors ear. Because she guessed the sex correctly she was allowed to choose the name. But I was allowed to say no to 10 names. Kenzi was always good at names. Though.
The doctor brough over our baby boy and put it into her arms.
"Welcome Kayson Taylor Caniff. Born Saturday July 23 at 1:14 am" I saw Kenzi kissing him in the head. I took a picture. Kayson Taylor. My son. I though about the name and LOVED IT. I leaned down and kissed her again. "First kiss as a mother" and she kissed me back. "Second kiss as a father"