Chapter 18: Announcement

Right on time with the new chapter. 

Enjoy <3 <3 <3

Xiao Zhan's POV

"Xiao Zhan..." I widened my eyes in shock and looked into the mirror. Behind me stood Meng Yao smiling at me. "I am happy to see you."

'How did he get in here!?' I thought terrified and slowly turned around to face him.

"H-how...." I stuttered and he smiled. It was one of these carefree smiles he gave me when we came back from work in the evening and he would ask me what we should eat. It was the same smile yet I felt different than in the past. Now I was scared.

"Why are you looking like that, Xiao Zhan?" He frowned at me. "I am here to talk with you but you are looking as if I would jump on you any moment. I will not hurt you."

"How can I be so sure of that?" I asked and gritted my teeth in anger despite the fear I felt. "You killed people, Meng Yao! Two of them in front of my eyes! You wanted to kill FanXing! You kidnap women, rape them and then sell them. You do drugs and sell them as well. You-"

"Xiao Zhan!" He called me and looked angry. "Why do you think of me like that!? Yes, I killed people. But they deserved it for trying to take away the business I build and live off. They want to push me into a corner and I have to try my best to not let them take away the business I build. I already said I did not want you to see me like that. Seeing me killing those two women. I am sorry." He apologized and stepped closer.

"But! I never raped women nor did I do drugs. I earn money by selling them. Producing drugs and training women... I let others do that."

"It's not training. Meng Yao! Its rape!!! Stop glossing it over! And so what!?! Does that mean you are not guilty? You think because you let others do that you are innocent!?"

"I never said that. I know that I am guilty." He sighed. "I know many people see me as evil. I probably am. But I don't want you to think like that as well."

"Then stop and turn yourself in!!"

"I can't. They will send me to jail for the rest of my life. I don't want to go to jail even if that means I have to continue to live like I do now."

"Stop making it sound you would like to stop but are scared of jail, Meng Yao. If you are scared you shouldn't have started it."

"In the past, I had my reasons to start all this. The reason does not exist anymore but I can't just stop it now." He explained. "I am used to this lifestyle now. There are so many organizations trying to take the lead ... I employ a lot of people who need a job and I also earn a lot of money and-"

"So it's because of the money? You killed people and you destroyed lives because of your business! And you only care about money and those people who are as evil as you don't lose their job?" I screamed in his face. I was shocked about how he thought. Was he always this kind of a person? How could I befriend someone like this?! "You always was this kind of person.... Why didn't you let me alone? Why did you have to step forward, pay my bills in the hospital, befriend me and take me in? WHY!?"

"Xiao Zhan, I ...."

"Oh god... my bills... you paid them with the money you earn from your organization, didn't you?"

He bit his lips and I paled. "The donations.. you donate to various charities... you used that money too?"

"No!" He shook his head. "My company, the company you also worked in as my secretary. It's a legal business and I used the money I earned with it to donate. That company is legal!"