Chapter 24: The arrest

SUPRISSSEEE :) 

I managed to finish early and you can't believe how proud I am of myself ^^

Albeit this chapter is going to be a rather sad one, I still hope you will enjoy it.  <3 <3

Ji Yang's POV

I didn't dare to move as I felt the cold steel against my skin. All I could do was look at HaoXuan in shock.

"Come on, HaoXuan. It's me, B." The man behind laughed. "We have been friends for so many years. I won't laugh at you for falling in love, I promise. Just tell me, how it happened."

"There is nothing to say. Put it away!" HaoXuan hissed.

"You mean this?" B. shook the knife in his hands before he pressed it even harder against my neck. I had to lean back my head or else it would have cut me.

"Fuck, B!!" HaoXuan growled.

"I am afraid, I can't. You know, boss suspected you wouldn't kill this doctor like you have been told so he asked me to check on you. He said you were about to fall in love and that he couldn't let that happen. Well, something like this." I heard him sighing. "I said he was mistaken because you are one of the coldest people I knew. Not as cold as the monster, but close enough. I can't believe that boss was right. HaoXuan, how could you, a man with a heart out of ice, fall for someone? For a man, at that? You are not gay, HaoXuan. You are into boobs, my friend, into women. You forgot?"

"Put that fucking knife away, B., or else I will lose it!" HaoXuan threatened and made a step forward which resulted in B. pressing the knife even closer against my neck. I hissed when I felt a light pain. "B!!" HaoXuan yelled.

"You better take a few steps back or else I will feel threatened. And when I feel threatened this doctor here will get hurt." B. said calmly and HaoXuan glared at him for a few seconds before he stepped back. "Good. See? Wasn't that difficult, right?"

"What the fuck do you want!?" HaoXuan asked furiously.

"My job is to make sure you kill him," B. answered and HaoXuan glared at him. "But seeing your reaction I am afraid you won't do it. That is why I am here. Don't worry, I will tell the boss you were the one who killed him. That is how much of a good friend I am." I didn't see it but I could hear it in his voice that B. was smiling.

"I dare you to touch him, B. I am going to kill you!" HaoXuan said and I heard the anger in his voice.

"Damn! You changed, HaoXuan." B. said surprised. "Now I am really curious. What is so special about him? Please enlighten me, my friend."

But HaoXuan kept quiet. His attention laid on the knife on my neck and of course on me. It seemed like he was trying to find a way to get me out of this situation and that should make me happy because that would mean he must have feelings for me. But it didn't make me happy. To be honest, I didn't feel anything at that moment except fear. Fear to die and fear that these people would escape and no one would be able to stop Meng Yao from doing evil and free Xiao Zhan. I also felt guilty because even if I didn't know of HaoXuan's real identity nor his plan, it didn't change the fact that it was because of me that Xiao Zhan got kidnapped.

I heard a sigh. "You don't want to tell me, HaoXuan?" B. asked and HaoXuan gritted his teeth as he glared at the man behind me. "You want me to find out myself? You know I hate to just think of doing a man but! I hate it, even more, when I am curious about something and can't get an answer. I always have to get an answer no matter what and you know that. So if you won't tell me what's so special about this doctor I see no other way but find out myself."