Chapter 21: Taking what one desires

Okay, so here is the new chapter. Unfortunately, I still can't sleep well and I am always tired... But soon I have a vacation again (two weeks, heck yeah!!)  and I hope it will help me. ^^

As for this chapter. I have to be honest, I am not 100 % happy with it but I still hope you will like it. :D :D

Enjoy <3 <3

 Xiao Zhan's POV

At some point, I realized that Zhou Cheng and Haikuan left. Yibo locked himself up in his office and I decided to watch some TV. Unfortunately, there was nothing worth to watch so I turned it off sometime later and took a book out of one of the shelves. I decided to skip the exercises for my leg today because I had an appointment with Dr. Song the next day anyway. One day less will not hurt anyone.

I didn't know how much time passed when I heard Yibo entering the living room. "I will prepare lunch now. Is there something you want to eat?" He asked me.

"Can you even cook?" I asked back which earned me a snort.

"I will just pretend I didn't hear that. So? Anything you want?"

"Ehm... I don't know... Just cook anything. I am not a picky eater." I answered a little embarrassed and concentrated back on the book in my hand. 'Of course, he can cook, you idiot. He is living with Xuan Lu for a long time already.'

"Then how about Tuna casserole and as dessert a ... fruit salad?"

"Sounds good," I answered and Yibo left. I tried to continue reading but I was too curious to see what Yibo did that I put the book away and sneaked towards the kitchen. I watched him preparing the food and was amazed at how easy it looked. 'Maybe I should try to learn cooking as well?'

"You can come in and sit down if you want to watch. That would be more comfortable, don't you think?" Yibo said without turning to me.

"H-how did you know?" I stepped forward and sit on one of the bar stools which was the farthest away from Yibo.

"I just knew it." Was his answer. After some time he turned to me. "Did you never watch someone cook?"

"I did. But I never saw you doing it and I also couldn't imagine it. I was curious how it would look like." I answered straightforward.

"Do I look good?"

"Hmm... yes..." When I realized what I just said, I looked away.

Yibo smiled. "I guess I have to do my best so it will even taste good." He turned back and continued. Once the Tuna casserole was in the oven he turned to me. "Now we have to wait."

It was quiet and I started to feel uncomfortable so I left the kitchen with him following me. Back in the living room, I once again turned on the TV. There happened to be a crime drama airing so I decided to watch it. Yibo soon joined me. At some point, he snorted what made me flinch slightly.

"That is nonsense. No prosecutor I met has this kind of personality." He shook his head. "They are all cold-hearted, especially to a newbie. They were like that to me too."

"Maybe you just deserved it?" I asked with a light smile. He frowned.

"I didn't. When I first stepped into the prosecutor's office they already judged me."