Chapter 8: Background Check

I wanted to make this chapter a little longer but unfortunately, it's already quite late and I have to work early tomorrow so it's only about 4000 words...

This chapter is about HaoXuan and how he tries to succeed in his new mission. Let's find out what happens, shall we? 

Enjoy <3 <3

HaoXuan's POV

"Say it! What did you find out?" I asked and sat down.

"Xiao Zhan is indeed getting treatment in that hospital but under a false name. I tried to get access to his medical file but to no avail. What I could see was that he seems to have difficulties walking properly due to the shot in his leg. I tried to ask around but no one would say anything. Either they didn't know or they said I should ask Xiao Zhan's doctors. He has two, Wang Haikuan and Song Ji Yang. Yesterday he was with the latter, his physiologist.

I watched them for a while and tried to hear their conversation but couldn't go too close because of the police. The important thing is Xiao Zhan entered and left the hospital with a child around 5 years old."

"A child? 5 years? Can it be the son of the prosecutor who we lost together with Xiao Zhan?" B. asked me and I nodded slowly.

"It would make sense that they hide Xiao Zhan. Moreover, the boss is in a bad mood for a few days because the prosecution is looking for him with all their might. Continue!" I said and the spy nodded.

"After they visited the physiologist, they went to his other doctor. I couldn't follow them as the police were everywhere. I wanted to hide a tracker on Xiao Zhan to find out the place he is living right now but they would have caught on quickly. After I bumped into Xiao Zhan, they got suspicious and followed me so I had no other option and went into the next best room and pretended to visit my sick mother.

I counted at least 7 Officers inside the hospital and another 5 were keeping guard outside. They didn't wear uniforms but I recognize an officer when I see one. The head investigator seems to escort Xiao Zhan everywhere. I already sent someone to his flat and found out he is living alone."

"Is that all!?" I asked annoyed and he shook his head.

"One of the doctors, Wang Haikuan, is the older brother of Wang Yibo, the prosecutor in charge of boss's case and also the father of that little boy."

"Can it be they are hiding him in the house of that prosecutor?" B. asked and I thought about it.

"It's a possibility. You think you can find that out?" I asked him and he took out his notebook.

"Give me a moment." He said and tipped wildly on the keyboard. After 5 minutes he grinned. "Jackpot! The car with Xiao Zhan in left the hospital half an hour ago and I tracked it down to the area that prosecutor is living at."

"Now that was easy. Not the smartest, these officers. We just have to get him out there." I smiled but when B. shook his head I frowned. "What?"

"The area is secluded and highly secured. Guards and police officers are living there. Due to an army training camp located only one kilometer away a lot of soldiers are close as well. To get in there we need to pass them all and that is very difficult even for me. I could hack into their system and shut down the alarms and CCTV's but not for long. You will have mostly a minute before they find out, turn everything back on, and send their people. In my opinion, breaking into the white house would be a lot easier than getting inside the prosecutor's house and take the boss's lover back."