Chapter 12: Visit from the grandparents

I wanted to make this chapter longer but I am too tired to write more so I will update already :) 

Don't worry, the next chapter is coming out on Wednesday. 

I hope it will not be too boring ... 

Enjoy <3 <3

Xiao Zhan's POV

Today I could breathe. I was alone with FanXing and Zhou Cheng half of the day before Xuan Lu came back at 2 pm. I really liked her. She was friendly and treated me like a family member. She even offered to help me to go out for a walk in the neighborhood. It seemed that Haikuan told her that I have to move my leg more often these days.

We walked through the neighborhood and passed various houses. One of them was the house where the rooster lived and FanXing begged me to go inside so I could meet piggy, his best friend. The big pig looked pretty bored and just laid in a pile of dirt.

"No, FanXing. You played yesterday the whole day with him, that is enough. Or else you will take a bath the whole day." Xuan Lu said and FanXing obviously wasn't into playing with piggy anymore.

Before we left I visited the rooster. It eyed us suspiciously but stayed where it was. I somehow wanted to see its reaction upon seeing Yibo and I was not the only one.

"Let's bring daddy here next time so we can play with him." FanXing grinned and I heard Xuan Lu chuckling.

"I doubt daddy will go near it one more time, darling."

"If daddy won't come here we will just take the rooster and bring it to daddy." The little boy shrugged his shoulders.

"Darling, the rooster will stay here, you hear me?" Xuan Lu asked strictly but seeing her smiling she imagined what would happen if FanXing would take the rooster once more to their house. He mumbled something and nodded. He seemed to be in a bad mood now and I tried to find a way to make him happy again.

"Xuan Lu, is it possible to visit the house Zhou Cheng is staying at?" I asked and FanXing instantly stopped sulking.

"Yes, mommy. Can we visit uncle Steven? Can we?"

Xuan Lu nodded. "If it's not too much for you, Xiao Zhan?" I smiled and told her to lead the way.

Uncle Steven was a retired officer in his late sixties but still very energetic. He threw FanXing in the air a few times after we introduced ourselves and then they started to fool around. Zhou Cheng acted as a babysitter and Xuan Lu and I sat in the living room watching them.

Then after just a few minutes, I couldn't hold it back anymore. "Xuan Lu, where is Yibo?"

"At work. I heard he is interviewing someone from Meng Yao's company. I think it was the new CEO. It seems he took over the company a few months ago and the prosecution is checking the documents to see if this is correct. They also want to find out if that CEO is somehow connected to Meng Yao in any way despite taking over the company. Or if he meets him secretly."

"I see..."

"Don't worry, Xiao Zhan. Sooner or later that man will get caught. The police and prosecution are working on it with all available people." Xuan Lu reassured me and patted my arm.