1990𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

⚠️Ⓣ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓘ︎Ⓖ︎Ⓖ︎Ⓔ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓦ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓝ︎Ⓘ︎Ⓝ︎Ⓖ︎:  𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡⚠️

I'm recording the new album "Believe" and I'm so concentrated for the text and my voice. I'm almost finish with the album but I must sing still 2 songs.
Now I make a break til my manager with the phone is coming.

"Cher...your daughter Chasity wants talk with you."

I look at him

"Oh yes come here."

I take the phone

"Hey honey...what's going on?"

Chasitys voice is shaking and a bit whining

"M..m..mum?"

Based on her voice I know there is something

"Yes?"

I'm asking confused. Chasity continues

"Dad is death..."

What is she saying? Is she kidding me? But nevertheless I say

"Chasity I'm so sorry...I..."

I can't believe what she is saying

"I call you back in few minutes okay?"

I hang up and take the remote control and turn on the little TV what stands on the little table. Immediately is there the news and yes. Its right. The news are saying

'Sonny Bono died in a ski accident at the Heavnly Mountain Resort.'

I stare at the TV and I fall the remote control on the floor. My legs will soft so that I fall down on the floor. Tears are immediately out from my eyes and I shake my head

"No...no...Sonny! Why??"

Uncontrollable I scream crying and my manager, who walks away meanwhile runs to me back

"Jesus Christ Cher what's going on with you."

He holds my arm and I shove his hand from me away.

"Don't touch me!!"

I say him whining.

"He is death!! He is death!!"

I look down and my manager looking at the TV too. Some people, for example my background singers, are coming meanwhile and looking to the TV. I lie my hands on my face and cry terribly. Why must this day come? Sonny! Why do you not pay attention of yourself?
A few days after his deadly accident is the funeral. I'm invited there with Chasity. Its a beautiful funeral and I speak in front of many people. The funeral is live on TV too.

"Please excuse my papers. But...I have been writing this stupid eulogy for the last 48 hours. And of course I know that this would make Sonny really happy....its like he said, he got the last laugh on you. So because I have had to write some of it down doesn't mean that I am unprepared. It just means that I am overprepared and that this is probably the most important thing I have ever done in my life. Don't pay any attention. This is probably going to happen from time to time. And I also know that he is someplace loving this. Also  I have to wear the glasses that I made so much fun of him. I called him Mr. Magoo. I said you know, you have  got to get  some better glasses you know I don't care of you're republican or not, you have got to look cooler than this."

A bit later

"I wanted to tell Mary and Chesi and Jianna how proud I am of what he made himself after, we were separate and his accomplishments and I know that a person just doesn't decide to become a congressman in the middle of their life and then be one, but it's to typically Sonny to do something so crazy like that. And also, it puts me at mind. At peace to know that, you know, in the end of his day's that he had such a wonderful family life and I know how much he loved Mary and Chez and Jianna and I know how much he loved them. Also I know how much he loved his friends. He was the greatest friend. And you'd seen our house for the last five days and Mary's house for the last five days we can't get rid of everybody. Everybody is just there. And it's the way you would have wanted it. He would have been in the middle, cooking, not tasting, just cooking and making everybody else eat. So the last thing I want to say is, when I was young, there was this section in the readers digest. And it was called 'the most unforgettable character I have ever met.' And for me, that person is Sonny Bono. And no matter how long I live or who I meet in my life, that person will always be son for me. Thank you."

I'm crying totally. And I'm not ashamed of it. Later I lie a rose on his dig...