Chapter 17

Cooling down from that big breakout, you sat in the couch besides Eren. He fell asleep after Levi made him clean the upstairs room spotless. All of a sudden, you felt a growl from your stomach, and boy it was loud. Flushing in embarrassment, you checked if anyone noticed, and in unfortunate luck, someone did. Levi, who was in the kitchen scavanging for anything edible, gave you a menancing stare, and returned to his search. Cue your deeping blush.

Standing up, you went to the kitchen, and fell over a knocked down chair on the way there. Oww... Damn it. 

"___, what was that? 

Shit

"Nothing, Corporal. Just, tripped over a chair." A loud sigh was heard. 

"This is why I don't want to take you to the expedition. You can't even watch your own feet. How will I expect you to survive?" 

He was right. How were you supposed to survive such a dangerous mission when something as simple as not being careful was difficult to do?

Once you stood up and dusted your pants, you went into the kitchen to see Levi holding something in his hands.
"Stale bread or potatoes that we aren't sure if it expired yet? Your choice." 

In all honesty, neither sounded appealing. But you had no choice, you had to eat something. 

"Can I have the bread please?" 

Passing it to you, the most you could do was stare at it. Ripping a tiny piece apart, you placed it in your mouth and started chewing. The first thing that came to your mind was how foul it smelled, and how horrible it tasted. However, you ended up eating the whole thing.

After the not-so-pleasant meal, it was now evening, and you just wanted to leave this place. 

"Hey Corporal, when are we going back home?" 

But he seemed to disappear since there was no answer. 

You went upstairs and found Eren instead. He was sleeping. Again. 

You're really cute when sleeping... You thought as a gentle smile appeared. As if he seemed to hear your thoughts, his eyes fluttered open and immediately looked your direction. 

"Oh, hey ___. Long time no see," he added with sarcasm. You chuckled and sat in the bed with him.

"Eren, remember when we used to be best friends? Back as children?" He nodded slowly, curious as this was going. 

"We would run around, playing all sorts of games with Armin and Mikasa." 

The brunette nodded once more, thinking back at those times were nothing was bad in this world. 

"Well..." You dragged, pausing to let his curiosity grow. "I want that to happen again. Obviously, not everything will be the same, but one day I want to experience those days. Not having to worry about anything other than not coming home on time." 

Eren smiled gently and leaned in to kiss you in the forehead. 

"___, I promise you that I will do whatever it takes to make sure you get to live that day again."

HEY BABES, THIS IS SO SHORT AND I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY BUT I HAVE HAD SO MUCH STRESS AND GUESS WHAT? DEPRESSION TOO !! And I'm also hella lazy. But anyways, to those who encouraged me to continue going, I love you all so much. Also, please talk to me! Send messages, I love talking with followers ! Anyways, have a lovely day, my loves. ❤️