Unexpected

___'s POV

You kept touching the red scarf Mikasa gave you. Why would she even give it away in the first place? After all, Eren saved her ass when they were younger and now she says, ''This means nothing to me''? That 's bullshit. But you like this scarf, so you might actually keep it.  It's wrong to do so though. Decisions, decisions. 

Eren's POV

I was eating my meal, after running all those laps when I saw Mikasa enter the room. She wasn't wearing her scarf. ''Oi, Mikasa? Where the hell is the scarf I gave you?'' I yelled to her. Her eyes widened and then I saw tears coming out of her eyes. ''Hey, hey, I'm sorry I yelled. Where is the scarf?'' I asked softly. But she just kept crying. Finally, she said something. 

''Do you love ___?'' I immediately blushed. 

''Yes Mikasa, I do. Why?'' Oh, those tears just kept falling. 

''E-Eren... I- I gave the scarf to ___. I realized that you didn't love me, so I gave it to her.'' Love her? 

''Mikasa... are you saying you love me?'' She nodded lightly. I quietly gasped. What the hell? Mikasa loves me? But I'm her brother. No. This seriously is just wrong. 

''Sorry Mikasa, I don't love you.'' As much as that broke her heart, I didn't love her. Why do things like this happen to me?

Next Day~

___'s POV

You were walking to do my chores when I saw Mikasa. 

''Hey, Mikasa! Wait!'' You ran to her and handed her the scarf. 

''What are you doing?'' she exclaimed, her hair swaying in the night, illuminated by the moonlight.

''Mikasa, this scarf belongs to you, not me. As much as I like how soft it is, it doesn't belong to me. Please take it back.'' You tell her. '

'___, thank you.'' She then broke down to tears. You hugged her tightly and stroked her hair. ''I don't know what I was thinking, ___. I guess I was being stupid.'' After a few minutes, you let go of that hug. 

''Whenever you need a friend, find me.'' You kindly told her.

 She smiled and said, ''Goodbye ___.'' She then left to wherever she was heading. What was that all about? 

''Hey ___!'' Someone called you. Turning slightly, you notice Armin running towards you. 

''What is it, Armin? You hug him for a few seconds.

'' _-___... We found a dead body yesterday...'' You gasped. ''What?! What are you talking about? Whose was it?"

He took a deep breath and finally said, ''It was Mikasa.'' You then noticed you were being swallowed by darkness.

Oh my. I cannot stop with all these cliffhangers. Well, I know you weren't expecting that. Again, thanks for reading. I already have more than 200 reads on this? I seriously cannot believe this book was even capable of getting reads. Please comment and maybe give it a vote. I don't even know what I'm writing anymore. I'll try to write often. Arigato and sayonara!~

___'s POV

''_-___... Wake up...'' Armin whispered, his soft voice stirring you from your sleep. You slowly rose from wherever you were, finding yourself in the infirmary. Immediately, you thought of Mikasa. 

''Where's Mikasa?! I need to see her!'' you demand. Armin sadly looked at you before answering. 

''___, she's dead.'' 

You slowly took his words in. ''No.. No... She can't be.'' Your eyes were getting watery. 

''I'm so sorry ___, but she's gone. Forever.'' Armin said, heartbroken. 

''No... You don't understand Armin...'' He looked at you, suspiciously. ''I was talking to her, right before you came running to me.'' 

Armin gasped, his blue orbs widening on the thought of such an occurrence. 

''That's impossible! She was found dead yesterday night.'' Tears came out of your eyes, running down your face. 

''I just... don't understand... We were talking.. I gave her the scarf back and she cried, saying how stupid she was... It doesn't make sense.'' You sighed deeply. ''I miss her terribly.'' You sobbed uncontrollably, and Armin hugged you. ''I- I miss her.... Mikasa... Come back...'' Someone then knocked the door. It opened, revealing Levi. He looked at you for a few seconds, before talking. 

''Cadet Arlert and (L/N), you are aware of Mikasa's death, correct?'' 

You sniffed and wiped the tears before responding. ''Yes sir, we are aware, but may I ask, how did she die?'' 

Levi immediately said, ''Suicide.'' 

Your eyes widened. ''Suicide?! Why? She was a strong girl, why would she commit suicide?'' 

He sighed and continued, ''She secretly loved Eren and supposedly she went to talk to him to declare her love towards him but he didn't accept her love. She was devastated and couldn't take it any longer.'' 

You were getting furious, dumbfounded that he could say such a thing. ''Levi, why are you talking as if her death was nothing? You should have more respect.'' 

Levi walked towards you and yelled, ''Respect? RESPECT?! ___, do you realize the words that are coming out of that shitty mouth of yours? There are a number of ways losing someone to death in our world. But losing them to suicide could possibly be the worst.'' 

Cowering in fear you apologized, ''I'm sorry... It's just that she was one of my best friends and that tone of yours made it seem as if you didn't give a shit.'' Standing up, you thanked Armin.

 ''Armin, thank you for supporting me during this time of hell. Goodnight.'' 

As you were walking towards the door, you added, ''Levi, I'm sorry. I'm just heartbroken. Have a good night.'' You left the infirmary.

Walking to your room, you decided to visit Eren. 'He needs someone there for him, he must be going through a really shitty night,'' you thought. Quietly knocking on his door, you hear him say, ''Go away, I don't want to see anyone right now.'' 

You quietly whisper back, ''Eren... It's me, ___.'' Footsteps approach the door and you hear the doorknob turn. 

''Come inside. I need you right now.'' Eren says quietly, leading you to his bed. Both of you sit and Eren starts crying. You wrap your arms around his neck and he wraps his around your waist. 

Hugging him tightly, you tell him, ''Eren... It kills me inside knowing she's gone. But we have to accept it.'' 

Waiting for his response, you hear him say, ''Mikasa... she was my only family member left, after my mom was eaten and my dad disappeared. Now I'm the only surviving member.'' You were aware of his mother's death, when the Colossal Titan breached the wall, unleashing the Titans. 

''Eren, we will win the fight against the Titans. You and me. Together. We will live to see the outside world. For now, we will get through this and every other day until our victory arrives,'' you assure him. He lays down his bed, with you still in his arms. 

''Thank you ___. That's what I wanted to hear. I love you.'' You sleep soundly, in his arms, waiting for that day.

I had to write this like seriously. I was just writing whatever popped into my head and see where that went. So far, so good, right? Please comment and vote for it. I really appreciate it, like a lot. Arigato for reading and see ya soon! (: