Chapter 18

Next Morning ~

Once again, you were stuck in this house. You missed everyone back home. Armin, Christa, Jean, the whole crew. It's been a few days, but those few days killed you inside. However, you kept your chin up and looked on the bright side.

As Levi dusted the place with a duster, you sat in the couch, dowsing off to his humming. Suddenly, you knocked out into a deep slumber.

"___! ___!"

What?

"___! ___!"

A familiar voice called you, soothingly and gently. The deep vocals of this person made your heart race and your body tremble.

"___, sweetie, time for breakfast!"
"Yes, daddy!"

That's right. It was that one morning years back when you last saw your dad. He disappeared without a trace after leaving the house one night.

General POV ~

The little girl followed her father to the kitchen, where her mother stood next to the stove. Mother was cooking oatmeal, her daughter's favorite breakfast food. ___ sat down in her chair and placed her hands on her lap, the perfect example of a well-behaved child. Mother placed a bowl of oatmeal in her line of sight, and little ___ began eating. She remembered seeing her parents discuss something, making sure ___ wasn't able to eavesdrop. Nonetheless, little ___ kept eating, ignoring what her parents were talking about. Then, her father cleared his throat.

"Alrighty sweetie, Daddy has to go now. I'll be back. See you later!"

___ jumped out of the wooden seat, almost knocking it over and immediately ran towards her father. When she got to him, she wrapped her little arms around his waist.

"Okay Daddy! See you later!" The girl giggled as he placed a kiss on her forehead. He walked over to his wife and kissed her on the lips. Without a word, he simply walked out of the front door and gave one glance at ___ before shutting the door. Little did she know, it would be the last time she would see her father.

End of dream ~

Opening your eyes, you awakened to the sight of the usual stuff: the dull walls, swept floor, and none other than Eren Jaeger. He was looking straight at you from the chair across the couch.

"Can I help you, Eren?"

"No. Just admiring your pretty face."

You rolled your eyes at him, hoping for him to quit flirting.

"Why are you looking at me like that," you asked before continuing. "Is there something on my face?"

"Nah, it was cute seeing you smile during your sleep. You also giggled like a little girl, which made my heart flutter."

You blushed, trying to cover your face with your hair as best as you could. He was looking at you during your nap? What a weirdo. Ignoring his comments, you went to search for Levi to see what he was up to.

Roaming the hallways, you found him staring outside a window. It came as a shocker that he wasn't cleaning, but you pushed aside that thought and knocked on the wall to get his attention. He turned around to face you with an expressionless face. You walked towards him and stopped about five feet away from him.

"Levi, when are we going to leave? I'm tired of being here. We have to do the expedition and siting here won't do shit. Let's go please."

No response. He just looked at you, with no sign of a soul within him. Finally, he faced away from you and continued to look outside the window.

"We're leaving tomorrow morning. I would leave tonight, but it's too dangerous to go back, especially with you and your injuries. So we're leaving tomorrow morning to make it safer for all of us and not put our lives at risk. Any more questions?"

"Yeah. Why do you love me?"

This question seemed to stun him. He froze in place and you smirked. Bingo. Tapping your foot on the floor as a sign for him to come up with an answer quickly, you patiently waited. He sighed and you smiled joyously, expecting him to reveal why he loved you. However, his response wasn't what you expected.

"Go away. I need to be alone for a bit."

Angry, you stomped away, letting your boots echo in the empty room. Fine, he could have it his way.

WHAT IS UP EVERYONE? I AM THRILLED TO HAVE UPDATED AFTER WHAT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER. I SWEAR I SAY THIS EVERY SINGLE TIME, BUT EVERY SINGLE TIME, IT'S TRUE: DEPRESSION AND PURE LAZINESS HAS HARASSED ME TO NOT UPDATE, BUT TODAY I HEARD THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SINGING IN THE WORLD, AND I SWEAR TO JESUS CHRIST THAT THE VOICE PARTIALLY CURED MY DEPRESSION OKAY LOL I HOPE THIS IS DECENT AND I LOVE YOU ALL WHO STAYED WITH ME AND SUPPORTED ME OMG ILYSM SEE U SOMETIME AGAIN