Chapter 20

___'s POV

It was morning now, and you rose from your slumber with droopy eyes and endless yawns. You stretched your muscles and felt a sharp pain in your leg. 

"Ah fuck!" You immediately sat on the bed and examined the source of the pain. Although you were healing pretty well, you still were bedridden for most of the day. A wave of desperation hit you, forcing you to stand up and head towards Corporal Levi. 

As you tread the long and dusty hallway, Eren popped out of nowhere. A gasp escaped your lips and your heart rate spiked immediately, followed by a punch to his stomach. 

He groaned as he held his stomach tight, cowering in pain.

"Oww.... Why'd you have to hit me so hard, ___?"

You scoffed and frowned your eyebrows while puckering your lips in a firm frown. 

"You scared me and expected me not to react? Haven't we known each other for long enough that you'd already know this?" You replied as you placed your arms on your hips, expecting for him to realize the error in his ways.

He chuckled softly and shook his head as he began to straighten himself. 

"You're right... What did I expect?"

It was your turn to shake your head as you continue your mission to find the Corporal. Eren, however, had other plans. Just as you turned away, he grabbed your arm to make you face him again. He pulled you close enough so that you were about a foot from his face. His emerald eyes twinkled as he gave you a big, shit-eating grin.

The brunette began to speak.

"Corporal Levi told me earlier this morning that we're leaving in a couple of hours. He mentioned that I should tell you this, as he's going to be occupied getting our equipment ready to leave. Plus, we have to take extra precaution because your ass is injured. So much for rescuing me, huh?" 

Dazed, you quickly brought yourself back to reality and looked at his eyes directly. You could tell he really responded to the look by staring back you with the same intensity. 

You squinted your eyes for a few seconds before replying back.

"Is that so? You know, Eren, I'm glad you told me this now because I was looking for Corporal Levi to ask when we were departing from this damn place."

Eren shrugged his shoulders and leaned in to softly murmur a few words into your right ear, tucking a strand of your hair onto your ear.

"I know, that's why I told you now."

His head moved back to a comfortable distance and a smirk appeared on his face. Your cheeks were now tinted with a soft blush. 

"I mean," he said as he placed one arm on his hip, "where else would you go this fine morning with a look of determination? There's nothing to do here except eat, shit, and talk shit."

Your lips turned upwards as you let out a sweet laugh. He was right.

"Ha, funny. You caught me! I'm just tired of being here, you know? We don't even know what the rest of them know about our whereabouts and safety. I'm dying of anticipation and I can't stay here another day. I would've tackled him down if he forced us to stay here another night."

As you finished your sentence, none other than Corporal Levi walked into the situation.

"Ms. ____, were you suggesting that you were about to attack a superior if he made you do something that was for your safety? You do understand that assaulting a superior can, and will, lead to imprisonment, right? 

 You cringed as you corrected him in order to save your ass.

"It was only a mere exaggeration, sir. I understand the consequences of attacking superiors and disobeying orders." 

He gave you a cold glare as he began to walk away and down the stairs. Eren gave you one look before bursting out in laughter. He immediately placed his hand over his mouth to muffle the sounds but failed miserably. You began to chase after him, but was interrupted by his voice echoing from downstairs."

"Eren and ___, we're leaving now. Grab your gear and head outside. I will give further instructions out there. Got it?"

You and Eren replied with "Roger, sir!" before heading to the room on your floor that held the equipment. It was going to be a long day, indeed.

HEY GUYS LOL I AM FINALLY BACK AFTER LITERALLY A YEAR. IM JUST FUCKING LAZY BUT I PROMISE THAT ONE DAY WHEN WE'RE OLD AND GROWN, THIS BOOK WILL BE DONE. YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SHOW YOUR GRANDCHILDREN THE LATEST CHAPTERS AT THE RATE OF HOW SLOW THE UPDATES ARE LOL. I AM NOW AN INCOMING SOPHOMORE AT COLLEGE!!! I WAS IN 8TH GRADE WHEN I FIRST STARTED THIS AND NOW IM A FREAKING COLLEGE SOPHOMORE!!! THATS SO CRAZY! I WILL TRY TO UPDATE BY NEXT WEEK OR SOMETHING. TO THOSE WHO HAVE STUCK ALONG, THANK YOU FROM THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY HEART. TO THOSE WHO ARE NEW, THANK YOU FOR JOINING US ON THIS JOURNEY! SEE YALL SOON, I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!