a bitter revenge

He stayed in the living room all night, he couldn't get to sleep because of his thirst for revenge but he couldn't rest because of the way he had treated Cha-Young, he had really gone too far, he regretted being so violent with her, but on the other hand, his desire for revenge and power was more important than anything else. . it was stronger than him, the next morning he would have killed Vincenzo even if his beloved would have never forgiven him... by now he had lost her, he only hoped not to feel forced to hurt her more than he had already done.

Vincenzo that same evening, was at the police station talking with Han Seo, his girlfriend that we know as Kim Jin had asked him to help her to get him out of that situation as he was innocent.... Vincenzo knew the girl well enough as she was also helping him to solve the problem of the gold, he also knew that the real culprit was Han Seok and not his brother... so he agreed...

He offered Han Seo a plea bargain...

Vincenzo: "unfortunately you are accused of complicity in premeditated murder and for many other offenses concerning your company, I can do very little, but if you admit everything and above all confess that the real culprit is your brother, I could find a way to reduce your sentence".

Han Seo: "if I do this my brother will kill me".

Vincenzo: "inside the prison, you will be safe, and your brother will be arrested as soon as possible and transferred to a different prison".

Han Seo: "I agree but I would like you to protect me yourself," he says with his head down.

Vincenzo: "I will do everything I can to stop your brother, don't worry."

Vincenzo says goodbye and leaves but before he walks out the door he looks at him and says " thank Miss Seo she seems to really care about you."

and leaves the room... and it was just as he was returning to the jipuragi that he received the famous call from Cha-Young, or rather Han Seok, telling him to give himself up to him in exchange for the woman's life. He already knew that she had always lied to him, how could he not trust him, he would have protected her at the cost of others' lives as well as his own, he didn't think twice about accepting, but maybe that's why he had to put up with it, she was too altruistic and would never have allowed it... he waited impatiently for the message with the place and time of the meeting, which arrived early in the morning...

As previously said, Joon didn't sleep a wink that night and around 6 am he sent the message to Vincenzo with the place and time of the meeting... they should have been in less than 2 hours at his father's villa where there were also several men of his escort to protect him.

After sending the message he went to Cha-Young's room to wake her up. He opened the door and found her still lying on the floor asleep but with tears in her eyes, he took her in his arms and put her on the bed....

Joon: "I'm sorry sunbae yesterday I really went too far, I know you'll never forgive me, but despite my love for you I can't do what you're asking me to do, my principles come first, I just hope I won't really hurt you.

Cha-Young was still asleep while he was talking to her and caressing her he stayed there with her for a few minutes when she finally opened her eyes, as soon as she saw him she pulled away, she was very scared...

Cha-Young: "stay away from me

Joon: "I went too far last night, I'm sorry, but now we have to get dressed and Vincenzo is waiting for us.

Cha-Young didn't even speak, she got dressed and, always threatened with a gun, walked in front of him and got into the car. When they arrived at her father's villa, Joon kept the girl under control and waited for Vincenzo to arrive. (from here the scene seen in the drama is resumed but unlike what we saw Han Seo was not present and the dialogues are a bit different)