Finding Him

Alberto froze as he walked in the door. Luca was laying face down in the swimming pool. Running towards the pool Alberto screamed Luca I'm coming. He dove in and pulled Luca to his chest. Alberto swam to the side and pulled himself up still holding Luca. Alberto grabbed his radio and call dispatch asking for medical and fire to be sent to the college pool building. 

Alberto heard the people on the radio talking about what was going on and he screamed its Luca please hurry. The seconds seemed like hours. Hearing the sirens he looked up to see his coworkers coming in to help.

Alberto helped against orders. The paramedic hooked up there EKG and yelled he had a pulse but O2 stats are low.  Luca Ablerto said please baby I'm here please say something. Everyone paused when Luca softly whispered I love you berto then fell silent.

As the loaded Luca on the stretcher and rushed him to the ambulance. Alberto was shocked to see the number of people there. Every truck from the fire department was there police officers and even the Fire chief was there.  Crawling in Alberto yelled thank you.

The police cars lead the way to the hospital stopping traffic allowing the ambulance to get there faster. Pulling in the ER staff was standing there. Alberto refused to leave Lucas side. He stood in the room watching over his boyfriend his heart breaking fearing he would lose the one person he promised to protect. 

After what seemed like hours they moved Luca into the ICU floor. The Nurse refused to let Alberto in at first till he started growling saying he's my Boyfriend. When he got to the room he broke down crying. There in bed was Luca his Luca. Slowly he walked to the bed and sat down beside him holding his hand. I'm here baby I'll never leave you again I promise. 

After 2 weeks in the ICU they moved Luca to another floor where he could get long term care. During that whole time Alberto refused to leave him. Once they were in the room Alberto crawled into bed with Luca and held him crying begging. Please be ok ill do anything just please give me Luca back.

Slowly he drifted to sleep still holding Luca. His heart was broken he didn't know how to help him.