Book 2: Part 11

Genya choose an ocean blue dress with yellow-gold applications. She said it would please the king and queen because blue and yellow/gold are their colors. An A-line with V-neck and fine ruffles on the arms. The ruffles get hold together on the shoulders by golden clasp. Yellow and gold floral patterns were embroidered on the chest up to the hips. The dress hugs the body all the way down to the floor. It was a flowing fabric like water.

In the pinned-up hair adorned a small golden hair band consisting of small fine rose petals and dark blue precious stones. You enter the room with Genya and look around it. Ivan and Fedyor stick together on the side. Genya starts to adore David from here and your eyes found him.

Aleksander stands across the room. Talking to a woman and he laughs. The woman isn't older than 25. Dark blonde hair, which is nearly a light brown fall in soft curls on her shoulders.

She places her hand tenderly on the arm of Aleksander, which is on his body, holding with the hand a glass of Kvas. Again, he laughs and he pierces her with his eyes. You look away because you get jealous of the scene.

Noone should flirt with him like that. But maybe he is searching for some new toy for him. However, it hurts and you wish you were in battle. Even a normal cut with a sword doesn't hurt like that.

You follow the small way to the side. The King and the Queen sit on their golden big chairs. Watching everyone. "Moi tsar. Moi tsaritsa. Moi tsarevich." You greets both and their son. He often just stands next to his parents. "Miss L/N. I like your dress." The queen says and smiles at you. "I am honored. Thanks to Genya I can wear it. I am more a soldier and don't know much about fashion." You slightly wonder why the queen even knows your name.

"We wonder why she didn't wear a kefta. She belongs to the second army, isn't she?" You nod at the Kings question. "She is the one who lost the powers." Gradually you can no longer hear your losing of power. Everyone should know it, so why asking?

His son leans over to his father and whispers something in his ears. "Ask her by yourself." His father reacts. The prince takes some steps and invites you with his hand: "I would like to dance with you, milaya. The opening dance." He didn't talk like his parents. It is just a dance. "Of course, moi tsarevich."

You place your hand in his, so he could lead you to the middle of the dance floor. The crowd dissolve and make place for you. The prince releases your hand and stops. You take the few last steps, turn around a give him a little bow.

Now you have the attention of Aleksander. Stunning, he thinks as he see you.

He stands next to the woman but he looks at you. The fingers around the glass tighten. If no one is here he would break it in pieces. He didn't like to see you dance with the prince like you getting pulled into the family. You already wear the right colors and he wish you would wear the kefta he has created for you.

As the pair starts to dance, he drinks the alcohol very quick. Stretching his neck, the eyes closed, he tries to control the darkness. He doesn't like to see you dance with someone. Even it is the prince. He would like to have you wear his colors not the one of the royal family. Maybe he shouldn't avoid you the last days.