Book 3: Chapter 22

"Daddy, please come!" the little girl cries. Tears in her eyes. She gets to the general who was talking to Ivan. With a movement of his hand, he dismissed Ivan. "What's the matter, Asja?" he asks. "Mommy doesn't feel well. Please." The little hand of her grabs his and he drags him in the directions where she come from.

One of the healers leans above you. Aleksander thought his heart stops. With one pull he makes space for him and kneel next to you. "Y/N!" he whispers, while he is searching for any wounds. Nothing. He looks into your face. You gasp for air; your skin is wet of sweat. On your left side of your head blood. "What happened?" he asks the healer. "I don't know. She lays on the ground as I arrived. I took care of her head. It seams she fell." The man answers. "You must not leave her alone!" Aleksander is angry. "Daddy, she said she get dizzy and then black out. He just wanted to her some water because she was thirsty." His daughter inserts. He lifts her up and bring her in her own bedroom. As he whipped away the blood you open your eyes. "Aahh.." you moan and breath out. "Hey. How do you feel?" Aleks asks without hesitation and continues the whipping. "Like I fell of the highest tower... I..." you begin and try to push you up but you have to surrender. "I feel so week."

The dark-haired man puts his hand on yours which lays on your belly. "I am worried about you and our son. Don't do that again!" he orders and place the rag aside. "It wasn't my attention to black out..." "I know...." Aleksander takes a deep breath. "I order you to stay in bed."

"What?" "Y/N. I don't discuss this with you. I don't want to happen this again till the birth and your ability to look after yourself." You look at him in disbelief. He wanted lock you away. "Aleksander, you do not mean that seriously. I am not even allowed to go to the window and look at the sky?"

His fingertips bound on your hand back. He is thinking about your words. "I am sorry. Of course, you can leave the bed but please stay in the room. I don't want to lose you or the child." "Aleks?" you start after a minute of silence. "What is it, my love?" "What if it's the darkness?" – "What do you mean? I thought after becoming a dragon knight all the connections are cut." "I feel the urge. The pull. Like it pulls every inch of my skin. Every nerve in my body. It's the same feeling like the time after and in the shadow fold...Just...." You stop. The tears coming to your eyes. "Just worse. It....really hurt sometimes...Like a..." "Like a desire...A calling..."he completes your sentence. He knows that feeling and the worst is: He doesn't know any solution. All he can do is getting closer to you and pulls you gently in his arms. "We make it. I will not leave you alone. Maybe my mother knows something, or I find any solution in the library. Maybe a second amplifier will help you. I promise I will try everything." He feels desperate. Deeply desperate and he hates the feeling. You know he would burn the world for you if you only wish to but maybe he comes to an end and there is nothing he can do for you or his offspring.