Book 3: Chapter 5

A fine tug was felt on the hem of the guard's black cloak. When he looked down he saw a little girl. Not older than 7 years. Blonde so light it was almost white.

Surely just a stray girl from Os Alta. Dirty. "Go home. Girl. "He sends her away. But it just looked at him sadly. "I can not."

Aleksander, who was just passing behind the guards, noticed the harsh attempts of the guard and saw the child. "Stop!" He intervened when the guard tried to remove the child differently.

"You see that she is only a child." His gaze went to the little one. "Who are you and where are you from?"

Intimidated by its presence, it doesn't dare to speak at first.

Sighing, he kneeled next to her on one level and raised an eyebrow demanding.

"Mom says I should come here. I would be safe here. "

Aleksander lays his head to one side: "Is your mom a Grisha?"

"She can do magic. She says I should talk to the dark one. He'll take care of me. "

"is that so. Can you do magic too? "

"Mom says I'll be able to do that someday." The general smiles lightly and gets up. Reaching his hand to her.

"You found the dark one. Come over. I am sure you will make friends in the little palace. It is a safe place for young ladies like you. "

"I am afraid....." the girl means.

"Of course but it is okay."

The girl takes his own with his little hand and was escorted to the little palace by him.

"What's your name?" Asks Aleksander.

"Asja."

"Welcome Asja. I am Aleksander. You will be safe around me."

He got the idea it is your daughter but if he got it right, your daughter named Alena. This was the name the queen and the other woman said. Poor Alena. Aleksander believed your daughter Alena is dead because of the words and emotions. He wouldn't be surprised you ar not talking about this tragic.