Book 2: Part 12

The music stops and the prince leads you back to his parents. You had a little talk while you danced together. He is nicer then expected and you hope he will never be like his father. Genya told you of the looks he gave her. The looks he give most beautiful woman. Disgusting.

You nod as you reach the king. "It was a pleasure", you say. "No, the pleasure is on my side. Thank you." Vasily corrects you. With a little smile and bow you try to slip away of the royal family but the king stops you.

"We have to talk to you. Alone." His eyes stick on you and your reaction. Frist you look to him. Unsure what you might say or do. You cannot reject the king in front of everyone. "Of course, moi tsar." A fake smile appears on your face.

The king stands up, followed by his guards and you. Just a short look to genya. In her eyes is fear he would do the same to you like to her. Or worst, you might hurt or kill him if he tries it. So, you follow him out of the hall to the war room of Aleksander.

Suddenly you miss him again. You miss sitting on a chair on the table, reading a book and watching him thinking about the war while he stares at the map. At the moment you look to Genya his eyes recognize your action. He sees your look and starts to worry. Across the room hi follows you with his eyes till you disappear but he resists the urgent need to follow you.

Beside the woman doesn't stop talking to him. Since the dance he stopped listening to her. The darkling is jealous but he couldn't kill the king's son.

"What do you want to talk about, moi tsar?" you start, crossing your arms in front of your chest. "I would like to give her to my son." He starts. Give you to his son. Like you are some objects. "As bride." He added. "But I believe her answer is no." You swallow.

"Right. My heart belongs to someone different." You confirm. "But if he doesn't love you?" The eyes of yours rest in his face. "It doesn't matter. Love isn't everything. Love would not stop killing."

The words sound cold. The past is past and you won't tell anyone about it. The king looks at you. Your eyes wander to the ground and you think he would punish you.

"Then I want her to go north. I want a dragon knight in my army and she have no power anymore. She is an empty vessel and could do it. All the soldier I sent to it died." The Kind informs you of his plan. You read about it. A long-destroyed order of dragon knights but you never believe it.

The king comes close to you. He stops in front of you and you can smell his bad breath of alcohol. Nearly on your lips.

"I will think about it." Your answer was just whisper and he licks his lips, starring in your eyes. In front of him you freeze because you have to think about what follows now and what would follow depending how you react.