chapter twenty-eight

JUST SAYING SPOILERS!! WATCH THE FOURTH SEASON BEFORE YOU READ THIS OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE TONS OF SPOILERS!!

———————————————————————————

Recently I got back in contact with Jasmine and Ruby. Yes, third-wheeling with those two is not fun. They are smashing 24/7. I still live at my house but Oscar moved out awhile ago. I still talk to Oscar but Cesar and Oscar don't get along anymore. Ruby and Jasmine are still cute as ever. Jamal is hoeing around with girls and he's on the football team. Cesar has a girlfriend named Vero. She's a real bitch. Monse and I still haven't talked in forever. I'm doing better now, not as suicidal. I still have anxiety pretty bad.

Tonight I have dinner with Cesar, Oscar and Oscars wife at their house. Yes, Cesar is going to be there which probably won't end too good. Anyways I got out of bed for the first time today and got dressed into something nice. I did my hair and some light makeup. Cesar and I drove to Oscars house. I walked inside first with him behind me. I was used to being here.. I feel welcome here. I don't have my own room at their house but I stay here sometimes.

We sat down at the table while Oscars wife tried to keep the conversation going.

"Okay.. would any of you like to participate in this conversation? Guess it isn't a conversation if I'm the only one conversing." Oscars wife said while Oscar and Cesar stared at each other back and fourth. I rolled my eyes and spoke up.

"I'm talking to Jasmine and Ruby again" I said giving a slight smile trying to show effort in the conversation.

"Good, good. I'm glad you're getting with some of your friends again. How about Jamal?" She asked causing me to shift in my seat.

"No, I miss him a lot but he's moved on. After Kendra he became a whole new person like I miss his old self and I can't get that back. I actually started to get along with Kendra and then they broke up." I said leaning back in my chair.

"It'll get better, trust me." She said making me smile and then Cesar spoke up.

"How's the baby?" He asked in a low tone voice. He's acted hard since he became leader of the Santos.

"She's good!"

"She?"

"She! We're going to name her Lydia!" She said smiling as Oscar smirked a little.

"Thought you hated mom" Cesar said

"Thought wrong"

"Guess I didn't know you like I thought I did" Cesar said causing me to roll my eyes. I've been so done with his bullshit lately.

"That makes two of us" Oscar said quietly.

Cesar said he had to go and got up and left.

"Cesar, we're moving to Portland" She said causing me to sit up in my chair. Cesar turned around slowly.

"Oscar's opening a restaurant and there'd be a job for you. If you came with us." She said talking to Cesar.

"A restaurant? Now where'd you get the money for that? Huh?" Cesar asked being hard like always.

"It's called a loan and hustle. Something you used to know a lot about." Oscar said

"Bullshit. I don't believe you."

"He sold his car, Cesar."

"Well I'm not leaving Freeridge. This is where my family is at."

"Those aren't your family"

"Nah. There not yours. Thanks again." Cesar said leaving.

"How the fuck am I supposed to get home?" I asked before he walked out of the door.