I live for you...

"I will protect you"

Isn't that a ray of hope for someone who has lost themselves? Isn't it, however, a lie at the same time? Our subconscious mind is our worst foe. Our greatest flaw is a lack of trust. When we only think about ourselves, we can't defend others. When someone is fighting with himself, we can't defend them. Because that is how the universe works, we can't defend someone if we can't even protect ourselves.

Without saying anything, the aching desire in Taehyung and Jungkook's eyes for each other spoke a thousand volumes. The simple touches, soothing words, and sweet sensation were all worth it. The seductive yearning and want to never let go was ecstatic. Those tender kisses were the most enticing. They were each other's addiction, each other's drug, each other's love.

What could a human possibly want more than that? Nothing, absolutely nothing, can ever replace the sense of being safe and cherished. Some people believe you'll be OK and go on. You can't go on because a notion continues torturing you, but you can be okay if you meet that one person who will let you cry in their arms during a cold lonely night, filling it with warmth and love. 

We are indeed selfish, indeed needy, and indeed desperate. 

As Jungkook received that Text message, which he dreaded the most, Taehyung clutched his hand tightly, promising him that everything would be OK, despite the fact that he had no idea what was going on. What mattered was that Taehyung was always there. Someone to be there for Jungkook was just what he required. Someone to lean on.

Taehyung gently hugged him, drawing circles on his back, to which Jungkook finally broke down, finally let out all the emotions he held in for years, finally let those tears flow down. Sometimes what we want is not someone to make us stop crying but hold us when we do and that's what Taehyung was doing. 

"Hyung, I don't wanna go but I have no choice, M-my brother-" Jungkook started rambling, "Shush! It's fine, everything is fine, I'm here for you." Taehyung cut him off hugging the younger more tightly in his embrace.    

Jungkook might be a bit delirious at times but he knew that those words were sincere or Taehyung was just too good of an actor. 

Jungkook said in a rather plaintive tone "Hyung, I don't know if you are acting but even if you are do me a favor and don't tell me, just bear with me for a little longer."

Taehyung commented, "Why would I do anything like that? I don't have to, not when you're the only thing I have...... Jungkook, I live for you and about dealing with you for a bit longer; I can suffer with you for the rest of my life......" Taehyung sneered mockingly.

The scowl that had always been on Jungkook's face had turned into a real grin, one that even he had forgotten was possible.

"The moon will always overshadow the stars, despite the fact how bright they blaze." Said Jungkook.

"Moonless nights, on the other hand, may tell a different narrative." Replied Taehyung

"Even so, the stars recognize that the moon's splendor is unrivaled." Commented Jungkook

"If that's the case, you're my moon." Said Taehyung

"And you are mine" replied Jungkook

"Always," Taehyung hugged Jungkook even tighter in his warm embrace, an embrace that had become a source of comfort for Jungkook, a safe haven, something which has filled the void inside the youngster. A hug brimming with feelings and compassion.

This time Taehyung didn't let go, he protected what he cherished the most and who he loved the most but he knew this came with consequences, consequences which either of them had to suffer from but something he promised himself was that if that time comes, he will protect Jungkook at all costs, even if that cost meant his own life. 

"Jungkook-ah" whispered Taehyung

"Hmm?" Jungkook replied 

"Move in with me" Said Taehyung

"I want to but I can't hyung"

"Yes you can"

"I think it's finally time to tell you everything"