Chapter 2

I knew that Sang-hoon was no longer safe to stay here. Deep down I knew that Beom Seok was serious about his threat to kill my brother and I was not going to take any chances with him still in this house. I have no choice, but to send him away. I immediately began to pack a couple of his clothes into a duffle bag and placed his schoolbag onto his back.

"Hey, where are we going? School is not today" Sang-hoon said. He was confused as to why I was pacing back and forth. Throwing his clothes and toys into a duffle bag.

"It's not safe for you to stay here, buddy. So you are going to stay with Ms. Kim until it's safe to come home." Still pushing clothes into the bag. It wasn't until I heard sniffles that I stopped what I was doing and looked up.

"Sang-hoon, what's wrong? You love hanging out with Ms.Kim right?" I questioned

"Yes I do, but you won't be there. I don't want those mean men to come hurt you" He looked down at his hands.

I grabbed his hands and pulled him closer to me. I knelt down so I was at eye level with him and placed my hand under his chin, so he could look up at me.

"Hey, those guys just want money, and today I'm going to work to go pick some up. I just want to make sure that you are safe because that's all that matters to me. And plus I am going to ask Joon-Ho to stay here with me." I knew I was lying the moment I said it, but I did not want him to worry about me.

"Really? He can use his gun to shoot them down if they come back" He said excitedly, making his hands into a gun shape.

"Yep! So you have nothing to worry about me, okay. Now go put on your shoes, we are leaving.

When we arrived at Ms.Kim's street food shop. I told her everything that happened this morning. Ms.Kim was another person who I trusted. She was actually my mother's best friend and watched over me growing up. I honestly could rely on her for anything, and she was amazing with Sang-hoon. After I told her about the event that took place, she practically begged me to stay with her as well. However, I knew if I did, it would only be a matter of time before those thugs found out where I was hiding and killed us all. I could not take that chance and put their lives in jeopardy. I told the same lie that I told Sang-hoon, that Joon-ho will be staying with me. I can see the relief on her face and she dropped the issue.

"Can I get some Tteokbokki please?" Sang-hoon states pulling on my shirt

"Of course sweetheart," Ms. Kim said and began to fix him a plate.

"Here you go," I said, holding out my last 10,000 won.

"Do not worry about it. You're going through a lot" she said, shooing the money away as she placed the plate on the table and helped Sang-hoon into a chair.

"Thank you," I said, giving her a smile. "And it's my pleasure, I know your mother," she said, giving me a subtle wink.

~

After a long day at work, all I wanted to do was shower and sleep. I laid my head back on the train seat and sighed deeply. I really need some sleep but I remember I can't because I have to clean up the mess those men did to my home. As I exit the train I pull out my headphones to listen to some music as I walk home. As the song begins to play I feel a slight tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see what is going on and I see a tall handsome man in a suit in front of me.

I smile towards him. Quickly removing my headphones so that I can hear the man clearly. Maybe he thinks I'm pretty and wants my number. I never really had a boyfriend before, but any woman has to be blind to pass him up.

"Would you like to play a game?" He smiled back at me

I internal groan and my smile drops immediately. Why are the cute ones always so weird?