chapter 7

"You guys made it!" Ali cheered and walked towards us. My body was still trying to process all the anxiety and fear that I wasn't able to reciprocate how happy I was to see him. "I'm glad you all made it. I was really worried." he continued while pulling me into a hug.

"It will take a whole lot more to kill Gi-hun. Hah! I got Ssangmun-dong running through this heart, huh?" Gi-hun said, trying to make light of the situation.

I turned to the old man, I was still shaking from the game. I hope he was holding up okay as well. "Are you holding up alright here, mister?" I said to him,

"I'm okay. Yes. All thanks to his sharp thinking." He says and points to Gi-hun. We all were laughing until Sang-woo interrupted.

"I'm sorry. I was wrong to suggest separating." He said to Gi-hun.

"Ah, don't say that. How could you know what it was? Choosing the umbrella was my call. Don't worry, okay?" Gi-hun said to Sang-woo.

"Yeah, the whole team made it." Sang-woo looks at me. Probably hoping that I don't out him in front of everyone.

Attention, players. I will now announce the results of the second game. Out of the 187 players who participated, 79 players were eliminated. The prize money accumulated this round is 7.9 billion won. The total prize money accumulated so far is now 34.8 billion won.

Even though the prize money increased I didn't care, I was still stuck on what happened at the last game. Sang-woo's apology didn't feel real to me at all. In my gut, I felt like he suggested they separate so he could get the triangle shape alone, and then he attempted to keep me from warning Gi-hun because... he must have known what was going to happen and wanted his friend to die. As a Pisces, my intuition never lies. I must warn Gi-hun that Sang-woo is out to get him.

"Hey, are you alright?" I looked to see that it was Gi-hun talking to me. His face looked worried.

"Mm. I just spaced out for a sec." I tried to laugh it off.

Attention. Your mealtime begins now. All players, please form a line in the center of the room.

"Come on let's eat," He ushers me into the food line.

For our meal, we were given an egg and a glass bottle of soda. I guess the fewer people we have the smaller the food portions. I decided to sit with player 067, while I ate. I don't want to be around Sang-woo, I didn't trust him.

As I peeled my boiled egg, player 067 began to make conversation, "You're not sitting with the guys." as she sipped some soda.

"Because I felt like sitting with you," I said, biting into my egg.

"Bullshit. You've been eyeing Sang-woo since you got back, what's up?"

I looked at him, and he was talking to Ali, his eyes met mine and I let out a sigh, "I don't know, I just don't trust him anymore."

"I don't trust anyone, especially anyone who'd end up in here," she said matter of factly.

"Oh yeah! What about me?" I playfully pretend to be offended.

"You? Oh especially, you." She playfully moves her bottle behind her back, pretending that I would steal it.

We burst out laughing, at our childish antics. However, it was short-lived when we heard yelling from the center of the dorm.

"Please, sir, we need to eat!" One of the players yelled.

"It was prepared for the exact number." The masked man held a gun up to the player. What the hell is going on?