Chapter 92

Marcus POV

"Then what did you do?"

"I set their houses on fire." Balewalang sagot nito. I gaped.

"You didn't?!" Gulat na gulat kong tanong.

"At least, they're still breathing, though." She shrugged and continued eating her food. "That's what they get for pissing me off."

"A-Aahh!" Tanging nasabi ko nalang dahil hindi ko alam kung ano ang sasabihin ko. Alangan namang magsabi ako ng "Congrats or good job", diba? That's arson!

"Hmm." She hummed nonchalantly. "Don't be nervous, Babe. It's just a fire. It won't kill them," Ngingiti na sana ako dahil sa sinabi nito pero hindi pa pala ito tapos. "Not just yet..."

Silence.

She put the hard part of the loaf on my plate like what she always does and then looked at my way. I pursed my lip into a thin line then shook my head. I'm confused.

"Why?" I asked lowly.

"Why, what?"

"Bakit hindi mo pa sila pinatay kung gano'n? Why not just end their misery instead of going through all that and..."

"Toying them?" Ito na mismo ang tumapos sa sasabihin ko sana.

Jeez! I can't believe that I am having this kind of conversation with her like as if killing is just a piece of cake. But I am just too curious of her reasons why she's still keeping them alive.

"That's the fun part." She smiled. Hindi ako nakontento sa matipid na sagot niya kaya tinitigan ko lang siya. She's always been reserved and mysterious kaya minsan talaga ay nanghuhula pa rin ako sa kung ano ang iniisip niya kahit na may relasyon na kami. Ika-nga, "Old habits die hard". She releases a loud breath when she saw that I am not buying what she said.

"D-Don't look at me like that." She whispered almost inaudible while looking at her plate. "I don't kill people just because I just feel like doing it, Marcus. I am far from being a psychopath."

"What?! I never said that you're one, Babe." I corrected her right away because I never thought of her to be like that. Ever! "What I am just trying to ask you is, why? Why prolong it this way if that was already your intention?" Hindi agad ito sumagot kaya kumunot ang noo ko. "And don't you ever call me Marcus again. It's Babe for you!" Hindi nakaligtas sa akin ang pag-angat nang sulok ng labi niya.

Dumaan muna ang ilang segundong katahimikan habang nakatitig lang ako sa magandang mukha niya bago ito nagsalita.

"If the person is blinded with filthiness, what do we do to get rid of the filth?" Matalinhaga nitong tanong sabay lingon sa akin. I was lost of her words. She's too deep and smart.

"They've been abusive 'cos of their status." She stated with disgust in her voice. "I took away their pride which is their so called "wealth". Ang yaman na ipinagmamalaki nila na galing sa utang na hindi naman nila binabayaran. They're up to no good but schemin..." She stops immediately as if she's holding back unto something.

"What?! Ano? Tapusin mo. Scheming what, Babe?" Humarap na ako ng upo sa kanya dahil naku-curious na ako ng sobra.

She smiled and caressed my cheeks. "They've become greedy and hungry for power. Lets just put it that way." Pa-safe na sagot niya pero alam kong may itinatago siya sa akin.

"So what? You want to put an end of it?" She nodded but my brows are still in one line. "You mean by slowly killing them?"

"Yeah, that's an art of killing."