Chapter 44

When we've finally reached the entrance, i stopped them, then placed kisses on each of their foreheads.

"What was that for?" wonwoo asked, his cheeks tinted pink.

"My protection spell." i smiled.

"That's illegal you know–"

"Let's get out of here before they could even caught us."

I told them where they could find minghao's cabin as we walked through the woods.

***

They kept walking and chatting, unconcious about jeonghan's disappearance.

"Hey jeonghan-" mingyu stopped, frowning. "Where's jeonghan?"

They started looking around and when they got the hint, they rushed their way back to the cave, but they're not even close to the cave yet when some unknown and invisible force's stopping them.

They've no choice but to go to where jeonghan said they could find minghao's cabin.

They bumped into minghao on the way.

"D-Did you guys see him? He's planning to fight them alone!"

They told minghao what happened and they really have no choice but to go to the cabin.

The whole atmosphere in the cabin was then just as gloomy as their faces.

Minghao gathered them together as he handed them a piece of paper and told them to read it together.

For my best boys,

You guys are worried as hell right now, aren't y'all?

I'm sorry for worrying you, but i have to do this to avoid the realm from being in danger.

I might not be able to come back alive, but atleast you guys came back alive right?

I promise that before the sun could even rise, their bad deeds has already come to an end.

Tomorrow if i didn't come back, i want you guys to watch the sunset together — it had been my dream to watch the sunset together with you guys, so.. will you?

Anyway, it was so nice meeting you all.

It was so nice loving you all.

Thank you for joining me in this adventure, but now it's time for you guys to face your own adventures in life without me.

Face it, even without me.

And.. maybe, in another lifetime?

After reading the letter, they had all burst into tears.