Tom Riddle, Not Hannibal

When Harry heard there was going to be a new consultant on the Lord Voldemort serial killer case, he didn't think much of it. Many consultants had come through this case and none had discerned any information Harry didn't want them too. Of course, this had not been what he was expecting.

His husband, Tom Riddle, Lord Voldemort, stood in the flesh at the station, shaking hands with his detective partner. "I look forward to working with you, Detective Weasley." Harry hears his husband say smoothly with a calm smile as he approaches.

Ron acknowledges his presence first, turning to him with a grin and gesturing toward Tom with a nod before saying, "Nice husband you've got here, Harry. I'm sure you can't wait to be working together."

Tom is still smiling calmly, as if he's not the literal murderer that everyone in this room is trying to catch, and Harry sighs. He really should stop being surprised by his husband at this point.

Harry smiles and gives Tom a look, raising one eyebrow and cocking his head, "Oh, yeah, very excited to show my man here how things work around here. If you could excuse us for just a moment?"

Harry doesn't wait for a response before grabbing his husband's hand and turning away from Ron to find someplace private. He swears he hears Ron laugh, and make a joke to himself about how Tom was in for it now because it was clear Harry hadn't known about this, but Harry decides to ignore that.

As soon as Harry and Tom are in a secluded corner he drops all pretenses and hisses at Tom, giving him a light punch on the shoulder, "Why didn't you tell me about this, you asshole!"

Tom is infuriatingly calm, as always, laughing and taking Harry's hands into his own. "Oh, come on, love. Isn't it a great surprise? They asked me for my help after the Umbridge murder, you know, since I know all the political goings ons, and I thought it'd be perfect."

Harry closes his eyes and sighs, knowing he can't fault Tom for that, it was kind of perfect, having the murderers working on their own case, but it was also risky. He scowled, "Who do you think you are, Hannibal Lecter? Swooping in and accepting to work on your own murder case, come on now, do you think this works out for anyone other than fictional characters?"

Harry knew he was just working himself up now, because really, it's not like he was all that innocent either and he'd lasted in the police force this long. His husband was a different story, however, always too bold and ready to fuck with people. (Harry complains about this, as if it's not one of the traits he loves most about him).

Tom just looks amused at Harry's slight anger, "Well, I could be Hannibal Lecter, if I wanted. I could be better, even"

Harry's reply is instant, "If you ever eat someone I am never going to kiss you again."

Tom nearly looks like he's pouting as he puts a hand over his heart in offense, "I can't believe you would abandon me over something as trivial as a little cannibalism, my heart is broken, truly."

Harry scoffs at the dramatics "Oh this is going to be a mess of an investigation, I can feel it." Tom only smirks in response and Harry cocks his head, thinking further, "it's going to be real fun though. maybe I'll even forgive you for not telling me about this if you make it entertaining enough."

"That's the spirit," Tom purrs, bringing Harry in closer. Harry allows himself to be swept back up in his husband's embrace, and if they spend another ten minutes in their corner making out, that's no one's business but theirs, and also maybe the unfortunate rookie that walked in on them.