One

Thursday, April 4, 2024
Beyoncé's Apartment
Los Angeles, California
7:45 pm

"I don't know," Beyoncé mumbled to herself as she turned around and looked at herself in her full-body mirror

She tilted her head to the side as she thought about the outfit she was wearing.

"I'm gonna change," she said as she started to walk into her closet.

"No, you're not. You look beautiful. I'd kill for those curves," her best friend, Kelly, said as they talked over FaceTime.

 I'd kill for those curves," her best friend, Kelly, said as they talked over FaceTime

"Thanks, but I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable," Beyoncé replied as she looked down at her body and exposed skin.

"You are beautiful Bey. You know that. You look amazing. Get Winston out of your head," Kelly told her.

"I just want to change into my pajamas and go to bed. Kelly, you know I love you, but did you have to have your house warming party on a Monday night? It's a school night. Plus, I look a mess," Beyoncé complained.

"Listen to you! Talking about 'school night.' You do know you're the teacher, right? Not the student. You can be out as late as you want and do what you want. Just turn on a movie for those rug rats and go to sleep, and as for the way you look, you are absolutely gorgeous, and I need you to know that. Seriously," Kelly told her.

"I have my teacher evaluations tomorrow. I have to be up early, and no one I know is even gonna be there. Michelle is out of town. It's just gonna be your work friends and Tim's friends," Beyoncé replied.

"The perfect opportunity for you to come out of your shell. You're becoming a recluse Bey. I'd hate to see that beautiful soul go to waste. What do you do by yourself at home all day? I know you've been going through a rough time, and I just want you to get through this," Kelly said to her.

Beyoncé rolled her eyes. She could be sort of shy in big settings like parties. She liked smaller settings and situations where she had more control, like in her classroom.