Nine

Saturday, June 1, 2024
Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica, California
9:45 pm

"Here you go Bey," Jay said as he handed her the giant stuffed animal that he'd won for her

"Thank you," she smiled as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"No problem ma," he replied.

Tonight, Jay had decided to take her to the Santa Monica Pier because he knew how much she loved amusement parks even though he wasn't too crazy about them.

But he knew the amusement park would be fun for her, and there were also a lot more things to at the Santa Monica Pier besides games and rides. There were shops, restaurants, and other fun things to do and see, so needless to say, they'd had a pretty fun afternoon and night.

She'd just finished her last day of teaching before summer vacation last week, so he'd decided to take her out to celebrate her completing her first year as a teacher.

The last thing they did before leaving the park was ride the Ferris Wheel before they decided to take a short walk on the beach.

"Thank you for bringing me here. I had a lot of fun tonight," Beyoncé said as she held on to Jay's arm as they walked.

"I could tell. You haven't stopped smiling since we got out of the car hours ago," he replied.

They noticed fireworks going off in the distance as they walked along the beach.

Beyoncé, ever the kid at heart, had to stop and watch, and Jay held her in his arms from behind as she enjoyed the display.

After a few minutes, Beyoncé turned around to face him and wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled her closer.

She was surprised that she wasn't feeling the least bit nervous at the moment, but things had changed for her when it came to him.

When they'd first started seeing each other, she found herself always anxious around him because she didn't know what he wanted from her or thought about her. She was always so sure that she was doing something wrong.

But he had worked hard to show her that he liked her for who she was and that she didn't have to worry about any of that when she was with him, and now he had become a source of comfort for her.

She felt like she could be herself with him. She could let go and be as silly or as serious as she wanted to be, and he wouldn't judge.

She had become the same for him. She was one of the only people in his life who treated him like he was normal and wouldn't break if the tiniest thing went wrong.

She respected him and didn't try to micromanage aspects of his life, which he appreciated.

She just allowed him the space to exist as he was.