nine

Another October, another Halloween, another party. Correction, Parties.

Halloween around here is the one time of year that everyone decides to either throw a party, or attend a party. Also, if you decide to dress up, both the guys and the girls will try to wear as little clothing as possible.

I have never been a big party person, as you may know, but I think I might actually go to one this year. Mainly because Matt is making me go to one with him, but I don't see any harm in going to just one?

Currently, I was in a Halloween store. I need to find a costume at last minute for this costume party that I'm being forced to go to. I skim my eyes around all of the costumes, damn they couldn't make at least one costume that was longer than your ass?

I finally decide on being Luigi for the party. Note, this was the most classy costume I could find and it was still pretty skimpy.

While I was in the check out line, I happen to see a money sign that was gold. I thought about my dog at home, Fluffy, and decided to get it for him. I was positive that he would look adorable in the chain.

I left the Halloween store and sped home to start getting ready for the party. I did a classic smokey eye, curled my hair, and paired off the costume with white converse. Before I knew it, my look was complete.

Matt said he was going to pick me up at 8, and it was currently 7:45. Since I still had time before he picked me up, I put my chain on Fluffy.

"Awe, you look so cute!" I always talked in my baby voice to him, since he is my baby. I guess it's just in instinct for pet owners to talk to their dogs like babies.

I hear a knock on my door, signaling it was time to go. I grabbed my small bag plus house keys and opened the door.

Matt looked down at my costume before smiling, "Ah Luigi, you look very animated."

Matt was currently in a football uniform, he had the shoulder pads on but just regular pants and shoes. I would be lying if I said he didn't look good right now.

I blush slightly at his comment, "Thanks Matt. You too."

"You ready to go?"

"Yep."

We walk down to his car and start driving to the party. The drive took about 15 minutes, not very far away.

Within 5 minutes of being there, I already start to see the red cups on the side of the road, the smell of alcohol, and I can hear the music blaring. Typical High School party.

We find the closet parking spot to the house, and we get out of the car.

"You ready to have fun?"

"Hell yeah."

We walk into the house, and I don't think I have ever smelled something so horrible in my life. I guess things take some getting used too.

"You want a drink."

"Sure."

He left within an instant to get me a drink. I don't plan on drinking that much tonight, I've never really liked having a hang over.

After standing around 10 minutes waiting for a drink, I stopped waiting for him and went to the dance floor.

Before I could start dancing though, I bumped into my B- I mean her.

"Hey Andrea."

"Brandi."

"Didn't expect to see you here," she said. You could just feel the awkwardness and tension between us.