two

I wake up the next morning, absolutely exhausted. I'm not looking forward to this at all, I'm just looking for this day to be over, this school year to be over to be exact.

I lazily get out of bed and stretch my arms. I let out a yawn and start walking downstairs.

"Morning," I grumble. My mom looks over to me from the stove, "Well well well, look who's up." She walks over to me with my breakfast and places it in front of me. I quickly eat, and hurry upstairs to get ready.

I put on some jeans, a white tee, and a flannel with some converse. I also put on some mascara and eyeshadow and was ready to walk out of the door.

"Andrea, don't forget you're taking the neighbor to school!" my mom screamed all the way from downstairs. I grabbed my phone, backpack, and keys and rushed downstairs once more.
"Bye mom," I said as I walked out of the door.

Once I get outside, I see a tired Jack waiting patiently by the car door. "You look excited," I say sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and I unlocked the car.We got in the car, and we headed to school.
-
"ANDREA WAKE UP."
I immediately rose my head from the desk I was sitting at. Science, the class I definitely dreaded the most.

I took a look around and the lesson came back to me. We're supposed to be learning about Animal Science, when on the other hand, I was sleeping. I honestly don't give a fuck about what's happening what so ever.

I feel someone tap on my shoulder, I look up and see Jack looking down on me. "Looks like someone isn't paying attention," he says and takes a seat right next to me.
"You're right Gilinsky."
"By the way, we have some kind of project coming up soon," he says to me, slightly smiling.
I sighed, followed by and eye roll. I hate projects. Ever since freshman year, I would always get partnered with the wrong people. They would always make me do all of the work, and when it came time to present, they took all of the credit. By Sophmore year I didn't care, but I still have a reason to hate partner projects.

The bell rang, and we all rushed out of. there as fast as any of our legs could walk.

I walked into lunch, and just stopped and looked around. I looked left to right for my few friends, and finally found Alexi, Julie, and Brandy sitting right in the middle of the cafeteria.

Let me tell you about my best friends. We have been a group ever since elementary school, a few people would join here and there, but we were a really good group of friends. They have been the only people that have helped me through a lot of things, and have always been there to cheer me up.

"Hey Andrea!" Brandy screamed as she got up and hugged me. I hugged her right back, it was almost like we haven't seen each other for 16 million years even though it's just been a week.

Brandy has gorgeous blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, she also has a nose ring, the same one I have. We're the closest out of everyone and we always hang out. All of the guys seem to fall to her feet, and she honestly doesn't give them the time of day.

"Hey Brandy," I said and start walking over to the table. I say hi to everyone else and do the regular welcome back hugs, the usual.

We talked about what we did over the summer, they seem to have done such fun things when on the other hand, I didn't do much. As usual.

"Hey ladies," I hear a voice say.

I look over to see Matt Espinosa, Cameron Dallas, Sam Wilkinson, Taylor Caniff, and following shortly behind them, Jack.

"Hey!" Julie says and walks over to Taylor and starts kissing him in front of everyone, like always.

"Hey Jack," I say to him.
"Hey," he says faintly. He sits down next to me, followed by Cameron sitting on the other side of me.

"Aye Andrea, nice to see you," Cameron says and finds a way to sling his arm around my shoulder. My cheeks started to turn red, and I can barely get words out of my mouth. "Hey."

Jack looked over at us, and immediately got up and started talking to someone else. A wave of guilt hit me, but I had to just shake it off. I didn't really have a choice.

The rest of the lunch consisted of us throwing food, talking, and Cameron trying to flirt with me. But, I could only focus on one thing. Jack was flirting with Alexi the whole time. I tried to distract myself from it but it wasn't working. Just something didn't seem right.

I started to pack up, when Cameron decided to stop me. "Babe, what are you in a rush for?"
"Nothing, just need to get home," I said and continued packing.
"Come on, you wanna hang out after school?"
"Actually she can't." I look over to see Jack standing right next to us.
"You can't tell her what she can and can't do," he said right back at Jack.
"Sorry Cameron, how about tomorrow?"
"Sure babe," he said and swung his arm around me. I slightly blushed and looked down to the ground.

Cameron and I call each other babe all of the time. But we never dated. It's that kind of thing, where you flirt a lot, but never date. Yeah I wish we could sometimes, but I just know it won't happen.

The bell rings and I grab all of my stuff and start walking out of the school, "Need a lift?" I ask Jack.
"Yeah sure," he says and gets in the passenger seat of my car.

We pull up to my house, and I turn off the car and get out.

"How was your first day?" I asked Jack.
"It was okay," he replies.
"Well that's good," I say and smile at him. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I walk inside of my house and just put my stuff down on the floor and stop in my tracks.

That was not the first day I was thinking it would be.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

all done re-doing chapters 💖
I love you all and please please please vote 🙌
keep reading!

-taylor