9. JAMES??

Oooh 1, 2, 3, 4
fire's in your eyes
And this chaos, it defies imagination
Ooo 5, 6, 7, minus 9 lives
You've arrived at panic station

-Panic Station by Muse

Sophia makes her way downstairs to the holding cells. She is reviewing notes that she received from the medics on scene to make sure she wasn't dealing with any actual injuries. The only note that she sees is damage to his arm. Great, now I got to figure out how to repair that without Stark resources. She sighs.

She makes it to the outer room of Bucky's cell when she notices that there is already a man sitting at the desk in front of him. "What the hell?!" She exclaims. "I didn't consent to having anyone talk to him!"

One of the officers clears his throat. "I apologize Dr. Rogers, but it is standard intake procedure in Berlin to have a psychiatrist speak with a violent prisoner before we release."

Sophia huffs in annoyance. "Fine, but no medication and I want to listen in."

Upstairs, Steve, Sam and Sharon watch the interview. A thought crosses Steve's mind. "Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?"

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" offered Sharon.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier. Except the Avengers have told the world where he was before he went underground..." He looks at Sam. "After Sophia went to look for the intel in Tokyo. We put Bucky on special ops. No contact ops. He's essentially a ghost right now."

"You're saying someone framed him to find him." Sharon contemplates.

"Yeah, but why bomb the UN? Unless..." Steve stops as he doesn't know if he wants what he thinks to be real.

"They wanted the attention of the Avengers and the world. So, when they did find him, they could get to more than the Winter Soldier." Sam thinks out loud. "When we were looking for him, we barely found him. We had no intel, no photos."

"But we didn't bomb the UN. That would draw a lot of attention."

"True, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would," Sharon says as her gaze falls on the evaluator in the screen, her eyes narrow.

Steve frowns and looks around. "Yeah. And bring the one person who could possibly control him. I think they are here for Sophia." He looks back at the screen as the power goes out, turning on the emergency lights. He looks around.

"Sub-level 5 east wing," Sharon tells the guys. They run out of the room.

Downstairs, Sophia looks around. "What fresh hell is this?" She looks down at the monitor into Bucky's cell and sees nothing. She races to the door. "Open it!"

"We're trying doctor."

Inside the cell, Bucky watches as the lights go out. "What the hell is this?"

"Why don't we discuss your home? Not Romania. Certainly not Brooklyn, no. I mean, your real home." Helmut Zemo removes his glasses then walks towards Bucky reading from the red book by his phone's flashlight. "Желание. (Longing.)"

Bucky closes his eyes. "No."

"Ржавый. (Rusted.)"

"Stop."

"Семнадцать. (Seventeen.)"

Bucky's metal arm trembles in its restraint. "Stop."

"Рассвет. (Daybreak.)"