Chapter 14

"Alright, how's everyone doing out there tonight?" I say into the microphone, taking my guitar into my hand. I got a chorus of cheers back making me smile. "Good to hear! So I see some familiar faces out there tonight which is wonderful, glad to see you guys are coming back for more. I also see some not so familiar faces which is also okay, everyone is welcome! Now I can't promise our sound is for everyone here but if it is, then welcome to our little family. Who's excited for Halestorm?"

Everyone cheered. "Who's excited for Beartooth and In this moment?"

I was met with more cheers and screams. "Yeah, me too! Now who's ready for our guys in Motionless in white?" I got the biggest and loudest screams for them making me giggle and nod.

"Alright, that's what I like to hear! Let's make some music now! Feel free to sing along if you know this song!" I said before going into Soft by Motionless, letting the beat and rhythm of Phi's drum hits and the beats of my heart synchronize.

"Tell me what you've lost
Hang me on your cross
If you're so wise, then why are you so soft?
Do you leave your "throne" as you cast your stones?
I'm above living under your microscope You're mine, motherfucker I'm insane, I'm "insane in the membrane"
I wanna fuck your face with a switchblade
I'm not broken, so don't fix me
I'll leave you behind me"

I couldn't help but think of my mom while I sang the rest of this song because no matter what I did, she didn't understand. I shook my head because I couldn't let her infect my train of thought while I was trying to focus so I strummed the guitar strings and finished the song as strongly as I could. When the song was over, I heard some of the loudest cheers I've ever heard and it made my heart swell with pride. "Wow, you guys can really rock! I have a feeling that we're going to have some fun tonight." I said into the mic with a smirk before going off into the next song strumming the guitar chords.

******************************************

Finishing the last few chords for the Beartooth song that Phi had picked out, we finished strong and the crowds cheered and cheered. "Alright now these are our last few songs for the night." I got a few boos which made me smile. "I know, we don't want to stop either but we're not done yet! This next song, I'm going to need the help of a new friend of ours. Lzzy where you at babe?" I asked before the crowds went wild and she stepped out from backstage, walking up to us and giving us each a hug before grabbing her own mic.

"Alright, hi guys! How are we tonight?" Cheers and screams were the only thing to be heard making me smile. "Good to know! So Sawyer, what song we doing tonight?"

"Well, I know which song we're doing, you know which song we're doing but they don't. Should we just let them figure it out?"

"Yeah, I think it'll be more fun that way. Let's do this thing!" Lzzy said into her mic so I started strumming for the millionth time to I get off with a smirk on my face. As I was strumming, I noticed Ruby was standing front row nodding her head a little bit and before I knew what was happening, I threw a wink her way. "You don't know that I know that you watch me every night, and I just can't resist the urge to stand here in the light. Your greedy eyes upon me then I come undone, and I could close the curtains but this is too much fun!" I sang, looking at her before looking at the rest of the crowd as they preparing to go into the chorus with us.

Lzzy started strumming the chorus so I could grab the mic and walk around the stage. "I get off on you! Getting off on me! I give you what you want! But nothing is for free. It's a give and take kind of life we make, when your line is crossed, I get off! I get off!" We sang giving it our all while smirking at each other and I could tell that the rest of this song was going to be fun.