Chapter 8: Nostalgic

"I smell, wood, freshly cut grass and vanilla." Before he could say anything, Augustus showed up with an angry look on his face but I couldn't give a crap about it. Then he came closer and said, "Isabella, can I talk to you for a second? Alone." As Diego was going to answer him, I answered, "Everything you say to me, you can say to him." I never broke eye contact while answering him. I was confident enough to stand up for myself. He let out a sigh and said, "Bella, I am so sorry for what happened in the year 1764. I never meant for it to happen...." I interrupted and replied, "No, Augustus. You just walked away and you said all those things in anger. Yesterday, Diego was also angry but he never said that kind of things. You called me whore that time even though you knew about my last relationship. If you didn't think those things about me, you wouldn't have said those. But you said those and left. Disappeared into thin air. Then I thought that you never meant those words that you used to say every single day. You used to tell me you love me, every single fucking day. That broke me, Augustus. That broke me to an extent that I thought I wasn't capable of receiving love." Tears appeared in my eyes while I said all the things that I had kept bottled up for so many years. I continued, "I wasn't even capable of facing my own family. In the starting they always said that you weren't good for me and would shatter my heart. But no, I was blinded by your kindness, loving and caring side. I stood against my family for you, Augustus and what did you do at the end? Left me? With a shattered heart? I thought that you were seriously different Augustus but I guess I was wrong. That was my mistake to trust you and I would not like to repeat it. So, please just let me live peacefully." I couldn't hold my tears back anymore, and just burst into tears. It was just too much for me. 

Diego looked at Augustus with a disgusting look. Augustus' face was filled with sadness, sorrow and guilt. I knew that he felt whatever I said. He then replied, "I will stay in this town until you forgive me, my love. I loved you then, I love you now and I'll love you forever. Just keep that in mind, Lili." That word felt like nostalgic. He used to call me that every time he was serious. He used to apologize to me even when I was at the fault. He was really the prince charming of my life. In the first, when he left me, I felt like I couldn't survive without him with me. But with time I moved on and started to live my life. But now that he is back, I-I don't know what I will do. I just stayed quite and kept my head on Diego's shoulder and closed my eyes. He kept his hand on my hand and rested his head on mine. I saw Augustus walk away and I sighed in relief. I thought that this was just going to be a hell of a time. I asked Diego to take me in and ask the doctor to come and check on me. He ran a few tests on me and cleared me to go home. But he strictly said that no excursions and don't go to school for a few days.  I had to follow doctor's orders because he said that to my brothers. 

I went to my room and shut the door behind. I invited Diego to stay with me that day because I needed someone to be with me. We sat down in my bed with a lot of junk food and watched a series. After a while, I felt sleep so I rested my head on Diego's chest and fell asleep. He was like my safe place. I didn't have any nightmares that night and slept like a baby. I woke up in an empty, cold bed. Like, Diego went home a few hours ago. I stood up and went to the bathroom. I bathed and when I reached the kitchen. I saw him! I ran to him and hugged him. I said, "I thought that you went home." "I would never leave you, neshama" he replied. I thought it was sexy when he said neshama. It was an Arabic word meaning good soul. I kissed him on his cheek and said, "So, what are you preparing for breakfast?" Noah said, "He can cook?" I replied, "He can do a lot of things other than just cooking. If you know what I mean." I winked and sat down on the dining table. As for Noah, he just gave Diego a death glare and kept staring at him. It disturbed him a little but he kept ignoring Noah. He made pancakes my favorite! This was one of reasons I loved him! I knew one thing for a girl like me, the path to our heart was food. 

We ate the breakfast and then we went to school, after getting permission from the doctor of course. When we reached the school, someone approached me.