✧𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

« 卍 »

What happened?

A question that played on loop like a broken record in his head devouring his lasting sanity every single day.

Not like he had any to begin with after his death.

Head empty without control and sanity just like his dull eyes showcased it. So enticing were his black orbs putting one in a trance when staring too long not realizing that the owner of the endless black holes was the shinigami himself.

Another cold spring night passed without any disruption on their sinister mission that the devil loved oh so much.

The main attractor and heart of the organization left all the administrative work to his 'right hand' to disappear into his cold room and attempt to catch some needed sleep without any heavy feelings towards something that never existed in the first place, but his nightmares found pleasure in haunting him and creating his contorted expressions full of despair and wistfulness for certain peoples. He just didn't want to be imprisoned in this cage called solitude all by himself.

After the fifth attempt there was no hope for it anymore, so he took a bottle of strong liquor and a clean glass to sit in a chair facing the window wall. The illuminated Tokyo city blinded him at first but his empty eyes quickly adjusted and stared at the glassed beverage in his hand. The night was too dark to read the label of it but that didn't matter. His interest was solely on the warm feeling when it slid down his throat and create a fake felicity inside him, letting his mind spin away from the unwanted reality.

The bitter and disgusting taste was no matching to how he felt throughout the years after the great tragedy causing him to completely lose the light on his path and wander in utter darkness.

Abruptly a rather large bird flew past the building and caught his full attention. It hurtled by the window wall giving him a closer look on its majestic feathers coloured in brown. Although its unique eyes were what he focused on intensely. Despite the distance he could make out an orange touch in the yellow orbs of the bird.

Be it the alcohol playing with his mind or the last string holding his sanity together deciding to snap but the picture of a certain adult appeared in his mind. Sudden, uncontrollable laughter echoed through his tedious room and the responsible one was he himself not knowing what was happening anymore.

It sounded so foreign to him—his guffaw. The last time he had the energy to even just giggle was twelve years ago, when everything was still fine wether it might have been a facade.

Silence slowly returned while he ended up laying on the hard floor covering his cursed sight with the back of his left hand. The corner of his mouth still showed the remaining amusement he felt from before, but the insufferable pain squeezing his whole body made him weep like the child he was internally and never allowed to be.

He just wanted a happy childhood with everyone and not a miserable life with no one.

"I'm sorry, Me-chin."

You were right.

« 卍 »

[538 words]