✧𝐈𝐈

« 卍 »

"I told you to buy only one snack not five, you dumbass!" Draken scolded his shorter friend, who tried to flee from his anger into another aisle but failed when being grabbed by the collar of his T-Shirt. Other costumers grew curious of the commotion and either stared at the tattooed teenager in disappointment and distaste about the today's youngsters or swiftly looked away because of his sight, regretting their action in fear. Used to the prejudice Draken paid them no mind and snatched the food from Mikey's arms earning his childish complaints as always.

"The cheesecake isn't for me! It's for Emma!" he tried to reason but was shot down by an irritated Draken, "That still makes four taiyakis only for you! Just because I said I'd pay doesn't mean you can empty my wallet, you greedy brat!"

"We're the same age!"

"Doesn't seem like that to me with your immature behaviour!"

A deep-drawn sigh escaped his lips as he held his head in exhaustion, giving up his dispute with him and agreeing to buy all the treats. Another sigh filled with exasperation came from him, seeing the queue for the checkout. He just wanted to go to the arcade enjoying his school skipping day.

The moment he realized that they weren't moving an inch because of the cashier trying to converse with the guy in front of them, irk marks appeared at his temples, his patience already running thin today. To the ignorant worker's misfortune, he then completely snapped and shouted, "Get your personal business done after fucking working hours to not keep us customers waiting like some idiots!"

The female cashier clearly didn't see his towering figure behind the person she was talking with but only his short friend. Thinking he was the one to have shouted at her, she retorted back as aggressively as him, "Adults are talking here right now, so mind your own fucking business brat!"

The audacity of her to disrespect a client in such a manner ignoring the known motto "the customer is king" aggravated Draken greatly. Though before another snarky comment could come from his side, the male in between them and the likely responsible for the quarrel interfered, "Let's all calm down and not cause a scene here. People have things to do and we shouldn't waste their time."

Three pair of eyes locked onto his brown-haired head and quietened down, awaiting his next few sentences, "Let's postpone our conversation for another time, ojou-san. These boys seem to be in a hurry and I don't wanna stall them."

His calm voice seemed to reason with the cashier as she silently nodded in a sort of trance and told him the price for his groceries.

"Wait—let me pay for the kids as well," the man turned around to surprised faces as he smiled in a penitential manner at them, "As an apology."

Before Draken could decline his kind offer, Mikey fell into his word, immediately accepting it with eyes sparkling in glee at the win, "Thanks ossan!"

That earned him a slap to the back of his head for his impolite address, while Draken bowed his head expressing their gratitude and muttered an audible 'arigatougozaimasu' under his breath.

Rubbing the back of his head to reduce the pain from the previous slap, Mikey clicked his tongue in irritation, offended that his friend didn't like his thanks. However, his clouded mind was cleared the moment he gazed into the eyes of the kind man, feeling a familiarity and unexpected yearning from the stranger.

The unusual emotions caused for great confusion inside him that his friend looked at him weirded out by his odd silence, worrying to have used too much force in his slap. Maybe he had lost his remaining brain cells and became as stupid as their feral friend.