✧𝐗𝐕

« 卍 »

The shocking epiphany and the voice of his dear police friend echoing in his mind no sooner lost their value than Takemichi started to imagine the various badass fights Washi had endured to receive all these scars. They were the remaining relics of his battles as the hero of the story—from Takemichi's point of view at least.

He couldn't stop awing at them and his sparkling eyes soon caught sight of two large and deep ones at the chest area. He thoughtlessly pointed them out in an impressed tone, "Those two must have hurt a lot, since they're basically at the ribcage. Weren't they lethal or so from how deep they seem to look like?"

Unbeknownst to him his innocent question sliced the noises of the bathhouse like nothing and it became eerily quiet. The two blond teenagers froze up at his muttered sentences and were as quiet as a mouse fearing to break the unsettling silence if they were to just breath out too loud. The only thing that they dared to do was moving their pupils towards the spoken to man. They didn't know what kind of reaction to expect from him. They were scared of his reaction.

Meanwhile Takemichi just sat there innocently anticipating an answer—his naivety blocked his consciousness of the sudden change of atmosphere.

"They are top surgery scars."

The respond was short and blunt. Hence it took Takemichi a second to have it kick in, while Washi intently stared at him awaiting any sort of change in his expression, body language and voice. He never really favoured to talk about this topic but there was no point of avoiding it, since the scars will never completely fade away. He had seen a various pallet of different reactions every time he told someone about it—of course, the disgusted ones were the most hurtful ones. Though what was there to do if their small brain refused to acknowledge things that they didn't know. It was like covering their ears when watching a theatre for the first time despite having bought tickets for it, because they had only read it without any sound so far. In short—they were terrified of something they refused to learn and accept because it wasn't a custom.

"Oh really? I'm sure you didn't have an easy time. Those must have definitely hurt or been uncomfortable as well, but I'm happy for you that you were able to do it!"

The three were in utter shock at his reaction. It was nothing like either of them had expected especially coming from a male teenage delinquent. Takemichi on the other hand was confused not understanding their discomposure, until realization hit him—transgender had a different image in 2005 than in 2017. Back then not many positively rose their voice about it or were as open-minded to discuss it as today, so fear fiercely gripped him for having accidentally said something wrong or odd that could blow his cover with ease.

"Damn, Takemicchi. I expected you to be kinda dense about such topics," Draken commented in clear astonishment, "We're all surprised by you."

The addressed boy flinched at the hand softly ruffling his wet hair and looked into Washi's direction to see an endearing smile, which was basically beaming, on his lips as the man stood up and headed towards the changing room.

Mikey and Draken were very well aware that the brunet must be beyond happy even if his expression didn't perfectly portray it—his striking smile was more worth than a million words.

Meanwhile Takemichi was confused at the sudden change of them all and the happiness out of nowhere, which Draken took notice off, so he explained Washi's sensitivity about his gender and transgender in general.