✧𝐗

« 卍 »

August 2005.

"Do we have everything needed?"

"Yes, thanks for buying them! I'll repay you right away!"

Emma and Washi stood together in the kitchen of the Sano household ready to bake some Black Sesame Cookies with the ingredients that Emma asked him to buy on his way to her home.

The girl snatched the receipt before he could even attempt to, knowing his persistency on not accepting her repayment. She snickered when sensing Washi's mood drop to that of a pouting child. She was glad to see that he still could make other expressions than that of a reserved one or a plastered smile not knowing whether it was genuine or not.

Starting with preparing the dough, they chatted about God knows what until Washi asked ignorantly of the past events, "Is Draken coming over too?"

He was confused at Emma's silence and turned his head from the bowl to her with a question mark floating above his head, "Is something the matter?"

"You don't know what happened?"

Now that was surely a trigger to his concerns as he frowned and shook his head. Did he miss something? The teenager didn't die, did he?

Seeing his expression contort from the worries crowding his mind, Emma told him of the incidents that occurred the past few days that he had been busy. He certainly did miss a lot.

After having baked all the dough and now being up to date, they went to the hospital and paid the patient a visit with some cookies in Emma's bag. They arrived at the room he stayed at with no company but himself.

Hearing the door open once again, Draken thought that Takemichi had forgotten something and came back. However, it turned out to be different visitors and he greeted them with a smile, happy to finally see them again.

"We brought some cookies for the wounded one!" Emma announced with pride and strode to the bed while taking the food out of her bag. She offered him some and anticipated his feedback with sparkling eyes.

"They're pretty good. Did you make them yourself?"

Secretly clenching her fist in success, she affirmed eagerly, "Yup! But Washi also helped me."

The adult neared them and said with a smile on his lips, "I'm glad that they're to your liking. Emma-chan made an effort to bake them perfectly after the recipe."

For that comment he received a weak punch from the girl, who was too embarrassed to curse him out or look at anyone's eyes. He chuckled at her childish behavior and Draken's bold smirk from hearing that she did that just for him.

However, his light-hearted mood dropped just like his smile to a serious one that made the two stiff and anxious. Satisfied by their reaction Washi freed his heart of the words that bothered him since he found out what had happened, "You dropped your guard, Ken."

The blond didn't dare to look at him nor retort something. He knew that he was correct and he had no right to defend himself, so he let himself shower under his bitter words like a younger brother that accidentally broke a plate by not being attentive.

"I told you to always be cautious."

Seeing her crush so defeated didn't sit right with Emma, so she tried to interfere, "It isn't his fault. No one could expect that accident to happen."

"Accident? Sure, it was an accident. An accident that could have cost him his life. You don't want that, do you? You can only benefit from being careful regardless of the situation," he scoffed with a deriding smile.