✧𝐗𝐕𝐈

« 卍 »

From the unforeseen punch of an outsider to a bold yet seemingly unreasonable declaration of a captain, the events unfolding at the Musashi Shrine took turns similar to that of a butterfly effect. Yet Washi observed the unease erupt with detached distance and prickling wonder. He questioned Baji's train of thoughts and impulse to leave the gang he founded with his dear friends in the dust and join a fresh new gang that he had no connection whatsoever. What's so special about Valhalla to cause such a fuss?

Seeing no settling down in the commotion anytime soon, he approached Mucho and asked, knowing the latter will skip school nonetheless, "Do you want to come over to my place or should I come over to yours?"

Flinching from the out-of-the-blue topic, he collected himself before replying that the brunet's home was the better option. He didn't want his role model to see his home defining the word 'mess'.

Having eavesdropped on their discussion, Sanzu swiftly told them that he'll meet up with them the day after tomorrow, before they even had the chance to ask. He didn't plan on sleeping over and skip Friday school.

"I didn't expect him to be such a diligent student besides being a delinquent," Washi commented as he waved the long-haired boy goodbye.

"Even if he was one, he should be mindful of his future. I made sure that he was aware of the risk of throwing his life away for the short rebellious fun he has right now," Mucho explained with his wistful orbs following the figure disappear into the October evening.

The brunet snickered at how wise he sounded—pretty ridiculous in his opinion, "Hehh, guess you're speaking from experience there, huh? Since when did you have a stick up your ass, ossan?"

Flustered by his taunt, he changed the topic and hurried to his car to escape any more detrimental provocation that could lead to something unpleasant for him but amusing for the other.

ılı.lıllılı.ıllı

The delectable smell of scrambled eggs woke Washi's guest up as he stood up from the couch and neared the kitchen to see what kind of delicious breakfast awaited him. There he was welcomed with the sight of Washi holding a frying pan and flavouring the scrambled egg with soy sauce.

Sensing his presence, Washi turned around and apologized for accidentally waking him up. To not have him stray too long in boredom, he tasked him to put the cooked rice in two small bowls and set the chabudai for them.

After finishing their breakfast, Mucho insisted on driving the older to his university for his morning courses to the point that the latter had to give in and comply. So, they sat in the younger's car and spent the majority of the ride with music radio filling up the silence between them—both weren't much of a talker.

Suddenly a familiar song came up, which evoked the memories of a certain tanned boy, delayed pictures of his obedient minions followed along, making Washi wonder out loud, "How are they all doing? Especially that Filipino bastard and his childhood slave."

Mucho sweatdropped at the nicknames and answered, "They're fine. Though, Shion is still mad about the scar that you left him with."

Images of the defeated boy and his bloody lips flashed before his eyes, making Washi smirk slyly and mentally fleer at him and his arrogance. His provocative side was peeking through his aloof attitude once again, which he didn't even attempt to cover up because there was no reason to—Mucho witnessed it first hand at juvenile after all.