✧𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

« 卍 »

To think that I'll see him again after his discharge is a miracle.

Mucho thought back to their accidental reunion, having only come to the meeting place because Mikey absolutely wanted to present a particular person to them. He practically abused his authority to get them where he wanted them to be. In the end it turned out to be the same person that the other captains except Smiley and him had met a few weeks ago.

He sure was taken aback when seeing the familiar heterochromia eyes staring blankly at him, both experiencing a déjà vu. Alarmed by the current situation, his whole body stiffened in anxiety, but to his relief Washi acted as if they didn't share the same memories from juvenile—the same connection to the psychotic Filipino.

Since then, Mikey would often push the brunet in Mucho's direction to interact with him and build some kind of friendship, solely because the two were the oldest and the Sano took notice of Mucho occasionally stealing glances at him. Despite his intimidating silhouette and frightening strength, he certainly behaved like a shy boy around his idol.

On the other hand, Washi found it amusing to find one of his servants in the gang whose leader he despised the most. It sometimes even brought a smile to his lips just thinking about the irony, but he kept them tightly closed. It wasn't his business to butt in after all, no matter how cruel that might seem to be.

The two stood next to each other as the Toman meeting started. The former gang leader could only observe the cheering crowd of boys with emotionless eyes, scoffing at their naivety of how cruel the world actually was and not a playground for some kids' fight.

Flashbacks to a specific fight from a month ago played before his eyes. It was a painful matter for everyone, especially the blond boy feeling betrayed by him—for the second time.

"I'm telling you to quit this nonsense for your own sake!"

"Cut the crap! Why are you yapping about disbanding Toman, when you know it's my pride and dream?! Especially you should know how it feels like to be the leader of a gang!"

"Of course, I do and for this very reason I disbanded it! Because—"

"I don't care why you did what you did! But know that I won't pull the same shit as you and carelessly forsake everything I've establish so far! I won't run away like you coward!"

The hurtful words thrown at each other back then lead to Mikey giving him the silent treatment until this night. His two childhood friends and sister tried to convince them—especially the younger—to make up again, but that proved to be a difficult task. Washi still wasn't sure if he had been forgiven for stating the truth, which seemed like a distressing lie to everyone who didn't want to believe him. Just with the breathing of the individual called Takemichi made Mikey acknowledge Washi's existence again to introduce them to one another, which came as a surprise to everyone who was aware of their fight. What did Takemichi have or what did he do to make Mikey change his mind? Did he even do something in the first place? Or was he ignorant of his accomplishment?

What was so special about Hanagaki Takemichi?

"Washi-san, are you free this weekend?"

Pulled out of his thoughts by Sanzu's voice, Washi turned his attention to him and replied with an apologetic smile, "I'm afraid I can't. My finals are next week, so I'm busy studying at the moment. I just went to the meeting to get some fresh air."

Nodding his head, the vice-captain mentioned, "You don't have to apologize to me but to Mucho. He didn't have the guts to ask you himself."

"Hehh? Really? Well, if he really wants to, then we can hang out in August or September when I have my summer break," he chuckled amused by the tough looking guy's shyness. After the meeting had finished, they were about to discuss with Mucho about their change of plans, but to their dismay Mikey stole Washi away from them like the little thief he was. Sanzu could only wave as farewell to the adult and took it upon himself to deliver the information to his captain.