1.01 - 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙨

OVERLAPPING CHATTER FILLED the hallways as students made their way to their usual spots or lockers. Y/N walked through the flock of teenagers and made it to his locker, entering the combination and emptying the contents within his backpack from his previous class into it.

He felt a presence over his shoulder as he was at his locker. It didn't startle him though, as his senses didn't alert him of any threat. And it wasn't, since it was his best friend, Peter Parker.

"If you were Flash, I would've swung." Y/N said with a chuckle.

"That would've been a sight to see." Peter replied. "I figured you wouldn't come back today."

Y/N still faced his locker and started filling his bag with books for his next class. "I missed too many classes these last couple weeks. It's only a matter of time before my dad blows a gasket."

"I think Coach Wilson is used to it by now."

Peter had a point. Y/N would usually ditch gym class, and with how Coach usually was, he could've cared less.

Y/N closed his locker and faced Peter, who noticed the black eye he had.

"Oof. They got you good." He remarked.

Y/N shrugged. "One guy got me by surprise. You should see the others."

Peter looked over his shoulders before getting close and whispering. "Did they work?"

His friend knew what he was refering to. Y/N smiled. "They worked a treat. Those extra lab hours are working wonders."

"Thank God Mrs. Wallace loves me and lets us use her chemicals."

"And Mr. Grayson's metal shop."

"That too."

The third part of their friend group, Ned Leeds, walked up to his two friends and greeted them.

"Y/N! Coach Wilson missed you and wants ten laps around the football field next week." He said.

"Great

"Great." Y/N said with a sigh.

Ned barely noticed his black eye and pointed at it. "Whoa. Flash get you already?" After a moment of thinking, he realized where it was truly from. "Or was it from the hold-up a couple blocks away?"

Peter shushed him as he hit the side of his arm.

"Ow! Sorry." He repeated what he asked, but this time in a whisper. "Or was it from the hold-up a couple blocks away?"

"Yes, Ned." Y/N whispered as he slung his backpack onto his shoulder. The trio started walking down the hallway. "I don't know what I'm going to tell my dad though. Or my teachers. Or—"

"Hey losers." Their friend and classmate, Michelle Jones, greeted with a deadpanned tone.