2.02 - 𝙎𝙪𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙗 𝙎𝙠𝙞𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙝

HE WENT STRAIGHT home after what happened at the bank. Peter and Ned were probably going to wonder where he was, but he'd call them later and apologize for not helping with the LEGO Deathstar.

Y/N had his backpack which contained his Spider-Man suit as he entered his apartment. His father, Michael, had just arrived as well and was coming out of his room.

"Y/N." He greeted as he rolled up his sleeves.

"Hey, dad."

The teenager gave a short glance before walking past him and toward his room. He was pretty rattled at what happened earlier. If Mr. Delmar would've died...he wouldn't have been able to live with himself.

He put his bag down and took a breath. Michael followed him into the room, nothing his son's mood.

"Everything all right?" He asked.

Y/N turned around. "Me? Yeah, yeah. I'm good."

"I thought you'd be at Peter's?"

"No. I mean, we were supposed to, but plans got canceled." The boy lied.

"Oh, okay." Michael replied. "Are you hungry? We still got leftovers."

"Sure."

Michael walked out of the room. Y/N rubbed his face and composed himself before walking out as well. His father was in the living room, having stopped to turn on the television. They were broadcasting the incident from earlier.

"Jesus..." Michael muttered as he looked at the screen. "That's not that far from here."

Y/N didn't reply, only looking down and fiddling with his hands. Michael kept watching.

"I hope Mr. Delmar is okay. We can't lose any more good people like him."

The teenager sighed walked into the kitchen

The teenager sighed walked into the kitchen. Michael looked back, still wondering what was getting his son so glum. He lowered the volume and walked away from the television to start preparing the food.

• • •

THE NEXT DAY, the three friends walked to school. They passed by the wrecked bodega and Y/N explained what had happened. Peter and Ned were relieved that he wasn't hurt and that Mr. Delmar was okay.

With the reassurances out of the way, Ned wanted to know every detail of his fight with the bank robbers. For every class they shared he'd ask Y/N about it, even during passing periods. They were now in P.E, and he was still aching to know more.

Y/N, Ned, and Peter sat with the rest of the class in the bleachers. In front of them was Coach Wilson, who stood beside a television that was detailing that day's fitness challenge by Captain America.

"Hi, I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or in the battlefield..."

Ned started to whisper to Y/N.