Chapter 19

Next day I was in the kitchen in the morning. Piper and Katie were also there. William and Ryan had already left, their coach wanted to have a word with the team. Katie, Piper and myself were talking. Piper was going with William to the dance.

Obviously.

Katie had asked a guy who was in her art class. She seemed a little cross about the fact that they hadn’t allowed girl-girl date. “you can pretty much leave your date to get some drinks and sit on the last table with your girl.” I suggested teasingly.

Katie seemed to like the idea. “that’s pretty much acceptable.” She beamed. “you can do amazing stuff in the behind like flirting, teasing and maybe snogging.” Piper volunteered.

I laughed and Katie nodded cheerfully. “we need to get new dresses, because I’m sure other girls will be looking hot and in your case guys.” Katie said worriedly.

I hadn’t had the idea that I would have to buy a new dress. “We'll go today, together after classes. Meet me outside the cafe, both of you.” Piper said.

I liked the idea. I won’t be able to shop alone. But Ryan will be thinking I’ll be in dorm. I should tell him, I thought.

I left for classes. It wasn’t much boring. As the bell rang and I rushed for the ground.

When I reached there. Guys weren’t practicing. Coach must have called them to talk only. Ryan was on the bench with some guys. All of them in uniform. Zack was standing beside them in his usual clothes. They were busy talking. I stood ten feet away from him. William saw me and waved. I waved back. He said something to Ryan and he looked at me.

He smiled dazzlingly. He stood up and walked to me. “hey?” he said happily. “Hi. I wanted to tell you that I’ll be going with Piper and Katie to shopping. And I...thought I should tell you.” I said to him looking in his amazing blue eyes.

His expressions turned a little sad. “it’s okay. Have fun. When will you return?” he asked me hopefully. “I think we’ll have dinner at some restaurant.” I told him. He nodded and took a step closer.

He touched my cheekbone with his fingers and stared at me for some seconds and stepped back. “bye" I told him. He waved his hand. I walked away and looked back at him once. He was still standing.

When we reached the mall. I saw a lot of cute dresses there. Katie found the dress first. Her strapless red dress which was thigh length. She bought a pair of black heels. Piper found an orange one shouldered dress which was knee length. She bought a pair of navy blue velvet heels.

And for me, I found a Maya blue off shouldered full sleeved dress. Its colour resembled the colour of Ryan’s eyes. It was knee length from the front and touched my shank from the back. I bought silver ballet strapped heels.

After shopping we ate dinner together. I had fun with the girls. Piper was beaming happily at the thought of William and the dance. Katie was kind of nervous about the girl she liked. After an hour or something we headed back to campus.

Katie went to her room straight forward. William was waiting for Piper on the sofa. His face literally lit up at her sight. She kissed him. My mind randomly thought of Ryan. I left both of them together with their privacy.

I put my newly bought stuff in my closet. I took a shower and changed into a loose sweater with pyjama shorts. I went to Ryan’s room. He was soundly sleeping in his bed. He looked so pure. I laid beside him, facing him.

I brushed my fingers through his hair once. Took a hold of his hand and fell asleep. I felt so happy even though he wasn’t mine, we haven’t declared anything, but everyone knew we weren’t just friends or best friends.

We were just...Ryan and Faith.

I woke up next day and found Ryan sleeping peacefully in front me. Our hands were centimetres apart. I could just look at him forever, he was so beautiful. “Ryan?” I said quietly.

He shifted and opened his eyes. I was surprised at how fast he was up, usually he would ask for five more minutes, please which I find really cute.

He looked at me and smiled. I brushed his hair away from his face. He shifted closer to me, his nose touched mine, his hands on my waist. “good morning. I came last night and you were sleeping so peacefully, I couldn’t wake you up.” I told him.

“I was just laying and fell asleep.” He said still sleepily. We both got up did what we usually do, getting ready for classes. Not many students were taking classes but I was taking all of them, they might teach us something important.