5

{Bakugo POV}

Deku was moved in front of me since he couldn't hear well. Now I had to see his broccoli head every day. He was excused from hero training for the time being because of his sensitive ears.

"B-But...then how am I ever going to improve...?"

"You're not going to die just because you don't train for a week."

"Rest is also an important part of training, Young Midoriya!"

He groaned. We were having another one of our "secretive conversations" with All Might.

"Ehh...can I run, at least?"

"As long as you don't hurt your ears."

He rubbed the aids, heaving another sigh. "Okay..."

The class was quiet these days which was abnormal. Deku kept apologizing for limiting everyone's spirits, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

"Kacchan!"

"...What?"

"Can you help me study for next weeks quiz...?"

"Hah? Ask Half-and-Half."

"Todoroki-kun is attending a family event this week so he won't be here..."

"Tch! Go away."

"Please, Kacchan? I really don't understand any of the material and you're the smartest person I know."

"Of course I am, that doesn't mean I need to help you."

He frowned. "Well...you can just say you don't understand the material either, Kacchan..."

"Hah?! You looking down on me? I'm gonna teach you til your head fucking caves in!"

"Thanks, Kacchan~!"

. . .

Unlike Shitty Hair, Deku was a fast learner.

"Oh~ Ok, ok I think I got it."

"Do this problem, then."

He stared at it, before slowly writing the process down. He muttered to himself, tapping the table to remember something from time to time.

"Ok!" He flinched. "Ugh..."

I checked his paper, and sure enough, it was correct.

"About time."

"Did I get it?" I rolled my eyes. "Yes! Thanks Kacchan, you're amazing."

"Of course I am."

He stretched, leaning back onto my bed. "Ahh, I'm so sleepy..."

I was, too. He sleepily blinked, before his eyelids drooped, closing slowly. And with that, he fell asleep. I stared as his tense body started to relax. His chest moved up and down slowly as he took light breaths.

"Who the fuck falls asleep that fast, shitnerd..." I muttered. But it was always a habit of his, even when we were younger.

"Izuku! Come on, wake up! How do you fall asleep so fast?"

"Ngh..."

"You can't just fall asleep on the grass, dummy Izuku! What if someone attacks you?"

"S-Sorry, Kacchan..."

"Hmph. You should be glad I was here to protect you!"