014

——— WARNINGS: swearing, mentions of blood, physical violence.

——— AUTHOR'S NOTE: I FINALLY UPDATED AFTER A WHOLE WEEK. I MISSED YOU ALL. BUT I CANT STAY FOR LONG, IM GONNA BE GONE FOR ANOTHER WEEK AGAIN :(( I HOPE THIS CHAPTER SUFFICES, ILY ALL SM THANK U FOR THE SUPPORT!!! <3 TAKE CARE ^^

-

"Player 218 and Player 457, welcome to the final game. Before we begin, we'll flip a coin to decide who plays offense or defense." The square-marked manager voices out with his deep monotonous voice.

Y/N stood facing Sang-woo, glaring at him with a stoic expression. They were in a dark area with stoned walls behind closed doors, the masked manager between them as he talked, still as a statue. Guards also stood beside him on both sides, guns ready.

Sang-woo eyed her as well, teeth clenching, his face and clothes having dried up blood from when he killed off...

Not the time, Y/N.

"Please choose a shape. Triangle or square." The man breaks Y/N out of her little trance, and she moves her head slightly to face him. She takes in a deep breath, turning to glare at Sang-woo once again.

"Triangle." Y/N mutters simply, voice low as she keeps her eyes on the man stood before him.

Sang-woo doesn't speak up, and the man adorning the square-marked mask flips a heavy coin, the item whooshing in the air as it flew up.

The manager cups his gloved hands on the coin as he catches it, his hands erupting a light clamp.

"It's triangle. Please choose either offense or defense." He provides.

Y/N takes a few moments before she responds.

"Offense."

Sang-woo inhales lightly at her words, and Y/N raises a brow as if to dare him to speak up about his possible objection.

"Got a problem about that, mister?" Y/N speaks up, tone slightly mocking.

Sang-woo clears his throat, taking in another breath before shaking his head lightly.

That's what I thought.

"Player 457 will play offense. Player 218 will defend." The masked man declares.

And with that, the manager turns on his heel. The guards pull the metal doors open with a clank, and the sun's rays seep in, lighting up the cold cave. The guards step out first, holding the doors open, and the manager walks out into the open space.

Behind him followed Y/N and Sang-woo, trailing along with heavy footsteps.

"For the final game, you'll both be playing Squid Game. Let me explain the rules of the game. One, the attacker must enter the squid-shaped court, run past the defense, and then tap the area inside the squid's head with their foot to secure the win. Two, the defender must block the attacker's advance and force them outside of the court's bounds in order to win. Three, if a situation arises, in which either player is unable to continue playing the game, the last one standing will be the winner." He provides then pauses in his steps, whipping around to face the two players.

Y/N and Sang-woo turn on their heels, looking each other dead in the eyes.

"A player's unable to continue. Could you explain that?" Y/N questions.

"That would be referring to the player's death." The man says.

Y/N scoffs.

"Should've guessed." She mutters to herself.