the guy at the gym (P1)

Ian has been hitting the gym a lot lately... due to him still not having any luck with a job, he usually uses his spare time when mickeys out doing his work, he goes to the gym. of course it's just for work out, nothing more... but mickey thinks otherwise.

Mickeys had a day off, and it was one of ians "gym days" ... mickey didn't want to be home alone on a day off, so ian kindly asked him if he wanted to tag along, mickey wasn't an easy one to convince but it ended up working. mickey packed a duffel bag and had walked down the road to the gym with ian on his side, ian had to carry the duffel bags though.

The gym was also simply good, not the "sweaty middle-aged dads" and all that, mickey was able to see sweat middle-aged ian at the gym, ian would always be able to see the sweat drops rolling down ians forehead, him holding onto dear life, he would huff and puff... out of breath, ian would always smirk or make a smart comment when he caught mickey staring.

except, today, a new face popped from the crowd of the usual people he would see at the gym with them, ian was working on the dumbells, as typical, lifting them up above his own head then dropping them back down. Mickey was sitting on a bench not too far from ians distance, mickey reaches for some cold water in a plastic bottle "want one, tough guy?" mickey bites his bottom lip, ian drops the dumbells once again "yeah sure," ian walks over to mickeys bench and sits beside him. 

mickey hands him some cold water, "thanks" ian kisses mickeys cheek, he twists the cap off and chugs it down, a drizzle of water runs down the corner of his mouth, dropping onto his tank top. a random man comes walking through the door, he nods his head to every guy he walks past, mickey doesn't think much of it... maybe he's just friendly?

he looked like he was in his late 20s, definitely 27, he was a dirty blonde and had green to blue eyes, quite tall... or at least taller than mickey, and he was definitely fit... to fit to still be going to the gym. "wanna hit the treadmills with me? then we can head out for lunch and go home" ian smiles, he crushes the plastic bottle and throws it into a nearby trash can.

10 minutes on the treadmill and the mysterious man walks over to them, "Is this one taken?" he points to the free treadmill, ian looks over for a quick minute and shakes his head in the motion "no" the guy hops on and begins to start the moving machine, he begins to jog and speed up. mickey notices while he's taking a breather that the man that he saw entering the doors a few minutes earlier had been taking a few steps next to his husband.

mickey was never the jealous type, well... not anymore at least, he was a grown mature man, well... kind of mature... well mature when he wants to be, but once he took a glance at the man eyeing his husband up and down, he became furious. he didn't show it, of course, he didn't want to show his jealousy in front of ian, the guy couldn't get a chance anyways... the guy was practically growing grey hairs from out his scalp. he and ian were married, for a year and 8 months, nothing could change that- and definitely not some guy who could end up looking 30 to 70 any minute.

minutes flew by as mickey hopped off the treadmill after long minutes of jogging in place, mickey grabs a clean towel from out the rack and dabs it around his face, soaking up all the sweat, ian hopped off his treadmill as he takes out an airpod "how long do you work?" ian asks, the man begins putting the treadmill on slow, he begins jogging instead of running "work?" the guy smiles. 

"workout, you know what i mean" ian chuckles as he scratches his eyebrow with just his finger tip, "got it, but i think i should be asking you that question" the guy stumbles off the treadmill, turning the machinery off.

"thanks? i just hit the gym daily, nothing to do when you're always home alone" ian jokingly says with a friendly tone in his voice "home alone? no girlfriend?" the guy smiles as he playfully punches ians bicep. 

mickey noticed the playfully little punch that the man gave ian, he glared as he clenched his hand around his plastic water bottle, "twink" mickey mutters under his voice, at this point he could admit some sort of jealousy, not crazy jealousy, but he did begin feeling insecure... the more he thought of it, the guy after all did have a quite a nice body... not a compliment, or at least don't take it as one.

he was everything ian could've had, but he got stuck with the dirtiest white boy in America, now its just white boy in America, but still, he never had rethought their relationship or body image until he had saw ian talking to older, taller and way hotter guys than mickey.

"husband actually" ian replies, he points behind him as to show the "husband" was mickey, "gay? win for the guys, and a bigger win for your husband" the mystery man laughs "shit sorry, i forgot to indroce myself, im ian"

"miles"

"here," miles pulls out a booklet out of the locker right by them near the treadmills, he tears a piece of paper from out the booklet and places it on the treadmill and places it on the treadmill display screen. he writes down his number and once he's done he hands it to ian.

"call me, need to head off and go to my boyfriends place for dinner, meeting his parents" miles closes the booklet and throws the book back into his locker, slaming it shut. "must be stressful for you" ian says, "mentally killing myself at this point, do i look out going?" miles chuckles, "no, looking like quite the thug" ian smiles.

"yeah yeah" miles laughs "ill tell you about it, make sure to call" the guy gives a wave goodbye "later" "later". ian looked backdown at the number and slides it into his pocket.

ian walks backover to mickey after miles had just left the gym, "whats up? ready to head home?" ian smiles, he lifts mickeys head up using his finger, he places a kiss on his lips "yeah i am"

back at the apartment, it was already 7 in the afternoon, once both men got home, they undressed and slipped out of there clothes from the gym, underwear.. tnak tops.. shorts, all scattered around the bedroom floor, both men made love just there.

after finishing up, ian went to go take a late cold shower, it was mickeys job to clean after they had messed up there entire bedroom. once mickey wiped the lube from off their night stand when it spilt since ian was quite quick with the reflex.

he gathers up the clothes to put in their dirty clothes basket "what the fuck?" mickey mumbles, he reached for ians gym shorts he saw a little folded piece of paper slip out of one of the pockets, he grabs it and looks towards to door to see if ian would enter any moment.

water was still running in the background, so he was clear.

mickey begins to open up the message, it was digits, "what the.." mickey walks over to their night stand and grabs his phone from off the table, he places in the numbers and rings the mysterious contact.

"whats up ian, finally you called! the whole thing went gr-" 

"who is this?" 

"ian? wait- you're no-" 

mickey hangs up.

of course it was the from the gym, who else would it be? was ian that harsh to cheat? mickey had many thoughts running through his head, like maybe it was a mistake, exchange of numbers doesn't mean banging, but then, those years when ian was manic and made horrible decisions and actions, it made mickey think again.

next thing happened and ian was stood in the door frame.

"whats up mick? what are you doin-"

"whats this?" mickey holds up the piece of paper which held another mans digits in.